Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
c350 2009 Black on Black
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of four dust shields (Kleen Wheels) for my c230 sport 2007 and was wondering if anyone has used these.

I am reluctant to install these as there seems to be very little space due to the rim shape and brake section.

Any help on this would be gratly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a set of four dust shields (Kleen Wheels) for my c230 sport 2007 and was wondering if anyone has used these.

I am reluctant to install these as there seems to be very little space due to the rim shape and brake section.

Any help on this would be gratly appreciated.
Don't use em; consensus has been for years that they increase heat, thus contributing to rotor warp. You can buy a gallon of P21S online for $90, and it will last you 2 years. That's a lot cheaper than 4 rotors.

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
They also do not help with removing brake dust and other road dust from the caliper area...you will get faster build up of waste on your pad slides...and in your caliper area...

Plus - Why don't you want to see the cool OEM braking system? I would think a cover would make it look more like this...A great looking toy tire! (Well sort of like this...You won't have the rotor detail!)

Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
2k2 c230 kompressor coupe
34 Posts
man that looks hideousi would agree with bcjc230 it would make obvious sense that if u cover them there gonna attract more heat to the calipers also there gonna be dirty as heck when u take them off after awhile.....

·
Registered
c350 2009 Black on Black
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys great imput. I have decided not to install the shields and will probably sell them on ebay.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts