Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

my son has an 06 c230 sport. It had been running terrible, and we found that the intake was bad. It had actually come apart on the short actuator arm on the front.

So I drove over (he lives across the state) and helped him put on the new intake. Everything was fine, smooth idle, great acceleration, no codes. That is until this morning when it rained hard over there. He started it and has a bad miss. He did make it to work, but it is missing badly again.

The only thing I can imagine is it is getting water into some of the connectors causing the miss, but I cannot imagine how with the hood down. Anyone have any ideas where to look? I told him when he gets off work to get some dialectic grease and put it on all of his connectors and see if that helps, but short of that, I got no clue. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes ML320, Mercedes 190E 2.3L (sold), 2001 Mercedes c320(gone)
1,411 Posts
Hey guys...

my son has an 06 c230 sport. It had been running terrible, and we found that the intake was bad. It had actually come apart on the short actuator arm on the front.

So I drove over (he lives across the state) and helped him put on the new intake. Everything was fine, smooth idle, great acceleration, no codes. That is until this morning when it rained hard over there. He started it and has a bad miss. He did make it to work, but it is missing badly again.

The only thing I can imagine is it is getting water into some of the connectors causing the miss, but I cannot imagine how with the hood down. Anyone have any ideas where to look? I told him when he gets off work to get some dialectic grease and put it on all of his connectors and see if that helps, but short of that, I got no clue. Thanks for the help.
Did the water in any way; possibly get into the exhaust pipe?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts