Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience or heard anything on the new c230 sport sedan? Looks sharp, specs are not that bad. Is the inline 4 worth it?

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
YES go for the 230 sport sedan, i think it's a better value than the 240 sedan. It drive...

YES go for the 230 sport sedan, i think it's a better value than the 240 sedan. It drives well, good MPG, and better styling ques! The 240 is under powered i think. If you want to get a good grasp of the power of the 230 inline engile go test drive a c230 coupe and see for yourself..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know the invoice on this? I've been searching but it appears to be too new....

Anyone know the invoice on this? I've been searching but it appears to be too new.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
I disagree

The C230k coupe will not outperform the C230k sedan. The sedan is over 100 pounds lighter, and the two cars have the same suspension and brakes. The sedan will have a better front/rear weight ratio.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Invoice

If you are in the US, the invoice price can be calculated as follows:

(MSRP - destination fee) x 0.93 + destination fee = invoice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the dealer. The c230k sedan is simply amazing! There is a little la...

Just got back from the dealer. The c230k sedan is simply amazing! There is a little lag time from hitting the gas until take off but it impressed me enough that I'm gonna take it. The kicker is I have to special order it because none of the dealers around have it with the bi-xenon lights. Looks like Mid March. My understanding is that they don't intend to stock the bi-xenon cars because they find no one is willing to pay the extra $$. I drove the c240 last week and that can't compare to this one. This handled better and LOOKS better. Big deal so it has a smaller engine but.... more hp and torque. [:D]

·
Registered
312 Posts
since we are on the topic. Q on c230 sedan. thx.

c230 sedan is fairly new to me, are the following statement true or false?

1. c230 and c240 share same chassis?
2. c230 and c240 look alike.
3. c230 is rear wheel drive.
4. 4 matic is NOT available for c230.
5. c230 has more hp and torque.

thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy,

1.)Yes, they are on the same chassis.
2.)Side by side they look almost ident...

Andy,

1.)Yes, they are on the same chassis.
2.)Side by side they look almost identical. I say almost because the c230 has the sport package and looks much nicer!
3.)Yeup, it's rear wheel it does have stability and traction control.
4.)I'm thinking the 4-matic is not available haven't seen or heard of it in the 230 but who knows.
5. c230 - 189hp; 192 Torque // c240 168hp; 177 Torque

Hope this helps......

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
good choice buddy, get take some pics soon if your car arrives~ heheheh can't wait to se...

good choice buddy, get take some pics soon if your car arrives~ heheheh can't wait to see one. just went around the net and it looks good, but hopefully it looks better in person.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
good choice buddy, get take some pics soon if your car arrives~ heheheh can't wait to se...

good choice buddy, get take some pics soon if your car arrives~ heheheh can't wait to see one. just went around the net and it looks good, but hopefully it looks better in person.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Andy, 4-matic is not not available on the C230K sedan...

i would stop by the dealer once they are available. sounds like it is better than the c240, in terms of price & power. uh.
MB has never made AWD available for thier 4 cylinder cars, and I don't expect that they will do this anytime soon. For the time being, the 4-matic system is only available on the C240 and the C320.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yea I had a hard time finding one with the headlight package. I settled for Obsidian Bla...

Yea I had a hard time finding one with the headlight package. I settled for Obsidian Black with Ash interior. Im not crazy bout the Ash interior but it does have the lights. Its only a week away, I cant wait![:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts