Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a guy with an AMG at the dragstrip and he said there was a sequence of steps to turn off the traction control and run in dyno mode to allow for burnouts to heat up tires and power braking drag racing starts. Anyone know what the setup sequence is?

thnx

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
I believe its done through the instrument cluster. Its also located within the owners manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well, not exactly an answer, but in trying to igure out some options on getting an upgraded pulley for my c-230 coupe...you know of any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is nothing in the owners manual on how to defeat traction control. ESP, electronic stability can be turned off, but it will still apply brakes to the spinning wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to the service rep. He said they could do it only with a laptop connected for diagnostic purposes only.

·
Registered
W124/230E, W202 C240 stationwagon, W210 E280 facelift
366 Posts
it might be possible if you disconnect the ESP control unit, but after reconnecting the malfunction lamp might not disappear and you have to bring it for the dealer for deleting the fault memory.

·
Registered
2005 C230K Sedan
46 Posts
I read there is no room for a pulley upgrade on the C230 K. I might have read it on this forum last year when I had signed-up here.
If it is possible, I may be interested also. Let me know.[:I]

·
Registered
2005 C230K
10 Posts
Here ya go....dont know if this is what your looking for....copied straight from mbklasse.com:

****Warning - turning this off will disable ESP AND ABS**** Have Fun

How do I disabling Traction Control completely or put the car in Dyno mode?

To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
Insert the key and turn to position 1.
Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
Press the up arrow button.
Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)

Note : When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Indiaaa - 7/29/2005 12:05 AM

I read there is no room for a pulley upgrade on the C230 K. [:I]
There are several pulley kits out, haven't done much research on it as I'm happy with the way the car is. Just takes a quick drive in my wife's Honda CR-V to realize how good I have it. Check with Kleemann, Renntech and Carlsson and make sure you have plenty of room on your credit card, $50 worth of aluminum can cost you a couple of grand.

·
Registered
2005 C230Kompressor
58 Posts
I had tried this sequence today just right before I went and got a Dyno. Nope, it doesn't work! ESP can be turn off with a simple button. However, ABS will still be applied. This sequence doesn't work. We (the Dyno-tech and myself) sat in the car for over 20 minutes trying everyway to follow this sequence and never heard any beep or anything. So I couldn't get my car Dyno. I drive a 2005 C230Kompressor SS. If anyone can show me how to turn off the ABS so that I can get my car Dyno, I will post the graphed results as soon as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
spookie said:
I had tried this sequence today just right before I went and got a Dyno. Nope, it doesn't work! ESP can be turn off with a simple button. However, ABS will still be applied. This sequence doesn't work. We (the Dyno-tech and myself) sat in the car for over 20 minutes trying everyway to follow this sequence and never heard any beep or anything. So I couldn't get my car Dyno. I drive a 2005 C230Kompressor SS. If anyone can show me how to turn off the ABS so that I can get my car Dyno, I will post the graphed results as soon as possible. Thanks.
When you start the procedure make sure your message center is showing your miles on your car, then quickly press the reset button 3 times. That should do it. That is how I do mine. You will see the abs light turns on and stays on. Good Luck

·
Registered
2005 C230Kompressor
58 Posts
Hey pugguy, so adjust the menu until it reads the milage on the screen then press the reset button three times or press and hold it for three seconds?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Press it very quickly 3 times. If it doesnt work at first just keep pressing it 3 times very quickly every time you try it. eventually it will go into dyno mode. You will see the volts display first. then just scroll up or down.

·
Registered
'07 C-230 Sport, '04 ML 320, '88 SL 560
33 Posts
ha! ive gotten it to work!
*borat* "Verry Niiice, Great Success:D "
Just press it 3 times fast and it goes right into dyno mode.
havnt done a burnout yet, but i plan to...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts