Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mitsubishi Starion ESi Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, yesterday my friend with an AMG suggested me getting something classy like a Bimmer..or Benz..I thought about a BMW 318ti, I know a bit about them and I'm more of a BMW guy for the Euro guy side of me..

BUT! My buddy has a c230 Kompressor coupe, it was wonderful, I drove it and it was fantastic, his just didn't have leather seats so it killed it for me (I would know to get a BENZ with LEATHERS, OF COURSE!) :thumbsup:

Anyway guys, here's my question, I'm a turbo junkie, I want the turbo model over the supercharged model (even thought I've heard more good about the SC'd models) and honestly the REAL QUESTION IS, has anyone upgraded their turbo's on their c320 Kompressor coupes? I'm Mitsubishi (DSM) guy and I love boost and the easy gains.. I KNOW IT WON'T BE CHEAP but HAS IT BEEN DONE? ARE THERE ANY COMPANIES WHO AID TO BOOSTED Kompressor coupes?

And for god sakes... is their a Nickname to a c230 Kompressor Coupe? Because honestly I'm not even sure if I want to type all that everytime :'( LOL

-Martin

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
he's asking about the coupe, which isn't sold in the US anymore. I guess if he's outside the US it may be an option, but I doubt anyone is trying to decide between a brand new car and a 5 year old car.

If you look at the current C250 model, I believe that you will find that it has the 271 engine with a turbo instead of a supercharger. Bill

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Also, if you happen to find a C230 coupe that you like but without leather (and that will be likely because most were sold with cloth to be low price-points), you can always have an upholstery shop add that for you. It's usually in the $1500.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Also, if you happen to find a C230 coupe that you like but without leather (and that will be likely because most were sold with cloth to be low price-points), you can always have an upholstery shop add that for you. It's usually in the $1500.
Or, you could check the sale/trade section of this forum. I'm 100% sure there is someone who listed a full set of seats in Anthracite leather a while back for a lot less than $1500. Bill

·
Registered
1985 Mitsubishi Starion ESi Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To everybody, thanks a bunch! Yeah I thought the c230 had a turbo variant, I got it confused with the 2 variants they had of the SC'd engines though. I've decided to get a BMW 318TI and I'm going to do my best to get a 4G63T (Mitsubishi 4cyl) motor into it and go from there, I'm sure it'll be a little cheaper! THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
My thought process was the same. I was looking 318ti's but people wanted stupid money for them, back when. Found the coupey and wow, it's so much nicer.
A couple people managed to replace the Supercharger with a turbo, but
it aint worth the trouble. Not much gain and lots of problems.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Coupe 6 speed; 2015 E350 4Matic Sedan
105 Posts
Doesn't the 318ti have a substantially inferior suspension when compared to the W203? For me, handling is the thing, and my '05 coupe delivers!

·
Registered
2002 C230
15 Posts
Actually there is beauty in Mercedes and in my opinion the M111. While it is louder than normal cars it's something incredible to drive a 4 cylinder kompressor than can give you a thrill to drive while giving you good mpg. The fact that it's smaller makes it easier to maneuver but it is still safer than most cars. Take in consideration this is a 10 year old car. It's magnificent . Not even cars now a days have similar features.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts