Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01' E430 Silver Sport Edition, 01'E430 Champagne, 00' c230 Kompressor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my car recently got hit from the front while i was parked parallel to the street. Long story short, I invested in a blackvue camera from pittasoft. I am looking to hardwire the wire that goes connected to the camera so the unit itself can record while the car is off (parking mode).

Can anybody direct me to a constant 12v source that i can either tap into, i know the cigarette lighter is switched, and that would not work for me.

·
Registered
01' E430 Silver Sport Edition, 01'E430 Champagne, 00' c230 Kompressor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What switch are you talking about? I have found some fuses on the drivers side that are constant.

·
Registered
1997 W202-C180 Classic, smoke silver metallic, Lowered
271 Posts
It's one of the switches on the domelight, you'd need to rip the it out (the domelight) and test for the 12v constant as I'm not sure which wire is the one you want but I'm certain that the roof is ground.
There's bound to be one constant there but I'm not quite sure how much power the camera is going to draw as it might blow the fuse.

·
Registered
2010 E350, 2005 Tundra Sold the 1998 C230
322 Posts
One of the wires to the radio is constant, used for memory functions. Easy enough to access if you have the two little tools to slide the unit out and then you could splice in and you're there.

My only concern would be the draw of the camera over time may drain the battery and from what I read, its a real bitch when the battery goes dead in the trunk and you cant open the doors since the vacuum pump wont run to operate the locks. It does not take that much of a drain over 4-5 days of sitting idle. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts