Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my 2000 MB C230 Kompressor, the battery died and I cant open the truck. I've tried giving the positive wire in the black box under the hood a boost but still I can't open the truck. I've checked all the fuses and tried boosting it many times. The battery holds charge I can turn on the lights and the dash lights up but I cant turn the key. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appricated. :thumbsup:

Thank you!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the small key from the key FAB. This key can be used to pen the trunk. The manual gives exact procedure.
I forgot to mention that part... The trunk lock is damaged. The previous owner was apparently pranked by his friends and they glued the lock. I tried to use the key to open it but it's seized. :(

But I thank you for you imput Andrzejek!

·
Registered
141 Posts
on my 00 c230k, the manual key does not open the rear trunk, it's still actuated by the vacuum, not mechanically. Whenver my battery dies, I connect my battery charger to the black box you spoke of and set the charger to Start. Usually does the trick, then shut off the charger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the battery voltage at the black box? When you try the locks do the doors unlock?
I'm not sure I'll try to check today. No the power locks don't seem to be working. The only thing that works are the lights. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The issue has been fixed. The rear lock had to be removed and replaced, and once they opened the trunk they noticed that someone had removed the trunk fuse. Thats why when I tried boosting it the trunk wouldn't release. Just thought i'd update this info in case someone has the same issue, because it was a huge headache for me.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts