Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor, 1970 280SL, 1991 300SL, 1970 SEL Limo
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 C230 Sport Sedan with a non-fold down rear seat. Can this be converted to a fold down? What's involved?

Michael

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
I don't understand what that means? - Sure - you can convert it - you'll just need all the parts....unless they stamped the unibody and main sub assemblies different between the two cars.... :)

Good luck though - I think it would have been much much easier to pay the $350 or what ever up front on the order - or find one that had it - if you look at the lower cusion they are different with the hinge or the nut, and the back seat rest needs to fold, then the cable - lock tight all your main hard points...

Should be a fun project!
Jake

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sedan; 1975 Triumph TR6
81 Posts
I would be curious as well as my car does not have it. While it makes sense to pay the $350 upfront to get the option, that is out of the cards as I bought the car used and the original owner was too cheap to order it...I should re-phrase that, mercedes was too cheap not to have it standard equipment as Kia and cheap Hyundai have it as standard fare.

Why do the german's nickel and dime you to death with options and equipment

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
I'll be frank - I did not want it...the trunk is the trunk and the cabin is the cabin...But that's just me...
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts