Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone know what type of leather was used on 2005 C230 Kompressor coupe? I am currently using Lexol conditioner on my seats. Lexol's website mentioned treatment for the more common vegetable and chrome-tanned leather, however, certain leathers are not suitable (e.g. napped leathers, such as suede or glove soft leather, which call for treatment with lighter lubricants.) Please advise?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you did not order the car with "leather" on 2005+ cars, it came with leatherette. so its really not leather. I compared it to my buddy's 05 c230k coupe, its a big difference from the real leather.

fyi. I just clean my seats with the armor-all leather wipes once in 2 weeks or so, so far they are still in great condition. except the part where my fat ass sits on, its a little loose! hahaha

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Just curious if anyone know what type of leather was used on 2005 C230 Kompressor coupe? I am currently using Lexol conditioner on my seats. Lexol's website mentioned treatment for the more common vegetable and chrome-tanned leather, however, certain leathers are not suitable (e.g. napped leathers, such as suede or glove soft leather, which call for treatment with lighter lubricants.) Please advise?
As I understand it, Lexol is very good stuff.

I just switched to Lexol cleaner and conditioner (2 bottles)
after using Zymol for several years.

The Lexol is a more watery compound compared to the Zymol,
the Zymol is more like a cream, and you are supposed to warm the leather before applying. '

Either one is very good.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Is the leather in the 2002 c230 coupe real leather, or the leatherette?

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor Evolution Coupe (Sold), 06 SLK55 AMG
8 Posts
Just as it was stated above by advans, unless you have the Avant Garde package, or you have the option code listed for leather seats; then they are what MB calls MB-Tex material. It's a nice way of saying faux leather, pleather, leatherette, or just plain vinyl covered cloth seats. They are simple to take care of, MB recommends cleaning them with warm water on a rag or a very mild detergent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts