Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to upgrade the factory audio in the C230 coupe

My car is an '03. I have have the glovebox CD changer, but not the premium audio package. I'm assuming I will need to upgrade the speakers, and possible add an amp or sub. I'm wondering what mods will give me the most bang for my buck. Also, what brands are recommended.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
try doing a search for audio 10 (it's the stock hu for the european c-class) or comand.

try doing a search for audio 10 (it's the stock hu for the european c-class) or comand.

you can also look at mbworld.org .. a dude named Steve (MBenzNL) is in the netherlands and can get you an audio 10 and even install it for you if you want. he comes to the states every few months to install stuff for people.

both audio 10 and comand have better sound quality than the stock head unit, so you might not have to change the speakers... hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I googled "audio 10" but didn't find what you're referring to. Is thi...

Thanks for the info. I googled "audio 10" but didn't find what you're referring to. Is this a brand of audio equipment? Also, whats "command"?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The Audio 10 is a single disk cd player headunit made by Becker. It is an option everyw...

The Audio 10 is a single disk cd player headunit made by Becker. It is an option everywhere in the world except North America. It is a plug and play installation. I saw one done in seven minutes.

COMAND is the factory MB cd-rom based navigation unit. It replaces the stock headunit and the cubby hole beneath the headunit. COMAND is made by Bosch/Blaupunkt. I had Steve install one of these last February.

Either of these can be purchased from Steve Krabbenborg, aka MBenzNL. He is currently in California. His e-mail is [email protected]

For more info, you can do a search for "Audio 10" and "COMAND" on this forum and at mbworld.org and csportcoupe.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts