Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1996 C220(w202) for a few months.I experience that the blower(heater) change speed witout adjusting the controls. Now it stopped working at all. Is it the motor or the resitor. At the merc agents here in South Africa a resitor cost about R3200 which is equal to about $420 which is more than we pay for a set of tires. Please advise.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
I own a 1996 C220(w202) for a few months.I experience that the blower(heater) change speed witout adjusting the controls. Now it stopped working at all. Is it the motor or the resitor. At the merc agents here in South Africa a resitor cost about R3200 which is equal to about $420 which is more than we pay for a set of tires. Please advise.
The regulator (resistor as you call it) is the normal culprit when speed is involved, but now it has stopped working and this could mean the regulator/blower/control unit, any of which could have caused this so this system needs further diagnostics before buying parts. Have the fault codes read out first off and this will point you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts