Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W203 C220 CDI AVANTGARDE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give something back to this community with whom I have learned so much in regards of the car I am a proud owner.

Before installing the Chip on my car, the car was averaging 8,3 liters of Diesel per 100Km.

I evaluated a lot of options and went with this guys: RaceChip Chiptuning - Gnadenlos in Preis und Leistung and ordered a regular chip from them.
It costed me 140€ shipped to Portugal, and it arrived in 2 days.
Installation was fairly easy and didn't literally took me more then 20 minutes, part of which was figuring out where to conceal the chip itself as far as possible from the heat the motor generates.

I didn't change my driving habits at all, and i cannot say that I really felt anything different in terms of performance (maybe just a little more torque on the lower revs, but barely unnoticable). The real kick here is that now my car dropped 1 litter solid, and it averages 7,3. This ha been verified by me, and I already drove more then 5000Km in 1,5 months with this average which is now stabilized.

I don't have access to a power bank for testing increased torque or horsepower, and don't really care a lot since the car already had enough torque and power for me at least, so the real bonus here was the decrease in fuel comsuption, and with Diesel going for 0,9€ per liter the thing is going to pay itself real quickly :)

·
Registered
2003 W203 C220 CDI
7 Posts
Brother in Diesel

I also fell your gratitude to this forum, here i have learned so much... i would like to thank you for your feed back, it's good to get some incite, i'm also considering this, but unlike you i need MORE POWER!!! I have thrown on a nice looking set of 20" Brabus rims, and done a custom sound install around a JL audio 12W7, the car looks good, and sounds grate, but because of all the extra weight I have gained a lot on my 0-100, ow sorry, 0-62 sprint time, i don't mine 300$+- on a good chip, but can a chip really give me the power i need, from what you say you's didn't do much in terms of power for you?

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 220 CDI - AMG (W204)
5 Posts
I've got one of those for my Audi about a year back, the performance gains were hugely noticeable. There was definitely more torque, less turbo lag and boy did it have some serious “grunt”. I got the standard chip because for the 1.9TDI they don’t offer the Pro version, so now I’m considering ordering the cables for the Merc and see what happens but I’m worried about it affecting my warranty..
Awakensoul, did you change the jumper settings and adjust these accordingly? Mine came set somewhere in the middle which felt pretty stock, the difference came when I set the jumpers to “max”. The instructions say that if the engine starts to “jerk”, then to bring the jumpers 2 positions down. Funny though, mine was fine on the maximum settings.
As for fuel consumption (in the Audi), there was a slight improvement due to the additional torque. I also noticed the car smoking a bit more but not much more so that wasn’t an issue as all.
Has anyone had any experience with the Race Chip or the Race Chip Pro in the C220 CDI?
Awakensoul, where in Portugal are you from? Tb sou Portugues ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts