Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 CLS 55 AMG w219
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a resource on instructions for removing the driver's seat belt on a CLS (preferably earlier models like 2006). I need to repair/replace all seat belts except the front passenger and have already removed the rear seat belts (it was quite the PITA). The instruction I found for the rear were very helpful. Hopefully someone out there has something! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
06 CLS 55 AMG w219
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got hung up very early on lol. I'm struggling with removing the pillar panels. It seems like it's two different panels that link up in middle of the pillar. I can see tabs that lock in place but it seems impossible to get to because it appears (from what I can see) there are at least 3 tabs on the inside which make it hard, if not impossible to get to. There isn't much wiggle room to pull the panel down to clear the top guides of the panel. Hoping someone could shed some light as to how they've maneuvered this.

·
Registered
06 CLS 55 AMG w219
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took that off, I meant the inside trim/panels that cover the seat belt. That seems to be two pieces. The only option I'm seeing right now is removing the seat to get more clearance, but if I don't have to I'd rather not. In addition to those retaining tabs there seems to be at least one more further inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 CLS 55 AMG w219
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only way I was able to get those panels off was to unbolt the seat to get clearance so that I can pull the panel all the way down. Now I'm awaiting the new seatbelts before I begin to reverse the process for the driver's side and the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts