Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would I buy one over the other? As far as I can tell from the spec sheets, the only differences are Inline 4 vs V6, and 15' vs 16' wheels. Obviously, the engines have different power/torque, but the differences are minor.<br>
<br>
The price difference in Australia is substantial (about US$5000 - don't ask!), so why would I go for the more expensive one - the C240? Does the C240 have better resale, better reliability, etc? I checked with my insurer and insurance premiums aren't significantly different (even though the C200K has the supercharger).<br>
<br>
This will be my first MB, so I'm hoping for a positive experience :)<br>
<br>
Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey <br> v6 will be inherently quieter and smoother than a supercharged 4 cylinder engine. <br> i guess price difference will probably tip you towards c200.<br> i have a dilemma too. i was orginally going to purchase a 320i BMW. ruled out c200 because tecnology of supercharged 4 is not as refined as an inline 6. <br> but now i'm thinkin maybe i could get a c180 classic instead (upgrade the stock wheels to 16') for bout 59K on road.....what do you think...i'll save about 8000 dollars and could spend that on another car. <br> bmw has better road manners but my main reasons for shifting are that the darned things are too damn common....almost no exclusivity anymore. <br> but otherwise a good car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts