Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm where C class is manufactured/assembled. Heard that it is from South Africa not Germany & how reliable? Thanks, wud appreciate any info.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My C200 Kompressor was manufactured and assebled in Bremen/Germany. As I understand it, all C-classes with steering wheel to the right (except the C32 AMG) are manufactured in South Africa. <br> <br> My car has now 13000 km on the odo, and a faulty fuel guage sending unit is the only problem I've had. A magnificent car with a great engine No regrets whatsoever!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The left hand drive C-Class are manufactured in Sindelfingen (Germany) where is located the biggest MB factory. I've visited the site have seen with my own eyes the process of how the C-Class is assembled.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pily, did you buy your car using the 'European delivery program' (or whatever it is called) or are you located somewhere close to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart? I'm kind of curious, 'cause I'll be travelling thru Germany this summer and plan to visit the plant. I've heard there is a museum close to it, correct? Is the plant open to public (ie. is it possible to take a tour in the factory?)<br> <br> There must be (at least) two manufacturing/assembling plants for the C-class in Germany, since my VIN# states my car was manufactured in the Bremen-plant. I think Mercedes has three plants in Germany. Stuttgart (Sindelfingen), Bremen and somewhere around München. Am I way off here???<br> <br> Thanks in advance!<br> <br> /DtS

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Europe so it was easy for me to go to Germany to pick up my C320 ex-factory at Sindelfingen. The public can buy a ticket and have a factory tour. The museum isn't located at the same place, but I know that it's in Stuttgart though. Well, have a nice trip this summer !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for your reply Pily! <br> <br> If had looked more closely on your IP, i would have realized that you're in France... And that's for sure pretty close to Germany :) <br> <br> By the way: How do you dare take your beatuiful C-class into the Paris-traffic? :)<br> <br> Thanks again!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My MB C200 Kompressor has now been back to the dealer seven times for so called repairs to problem of sudden loss of power (electronic I am told) and for faults in suspension. dealer Hunter Star Newcastle Australia still no joy with them or Daimler Chrysler Australia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts