Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300 TE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1988 300TE Wagon (my first MB, so I'm pretty happy - gotta start somewhere).
It still has the stock (15") wheels and I'm wondering if these would fit (and still run as designed):

Mercedes C Class 16 x 7 1/2 wheels
Bolt pattern: 5 x 112
Offset: 37mm

It seems like I have plenty of clearance if I'm only increasing by an inch, but this site makes it sound like I'd have to go through hell to put these on:
http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/W124/wheel_install_16x7.5_ET37.pdf

I've looked through many threads, but I haven't been able to find an answer and I'd like to get these wheels (used) before they're sold if they're going to work out for me. Thanks in advance for any replies and let me know if you need any more info to answer the question.

·
Registered
Mercedes E200 black. Mercedes 300ce - sold.
761 Posts
yes they will fit no problems, unles your wagon is lowered by a long way??

i believe that its the cls or cl wheels that dont fit due to the offset?

im sure deathrattle or thrillkill will set me straight if im wrong on this one but im pretty sure im right.

my CE is lowwered by a long way, 2 inches too be honest and i dont have any rubbing at all and im on 17's[8D]

all mercedes and ///AMG wheels fit except the above

cheers
Ben

·
Registered
761 Posts
by the way, your link doesnt work

·
Registered
761 Posts
also, you are increasing your rim diameter by an inch but your tyre size will reduce thus giving the same size diameter overall that you are runningnow

·
Registered
1988 300 TE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! This is happy news.
Thanks so much, guys.
And my wagon isn't lowered at all (yet?).

(I tried that link and it worked fine for me, although it was a bit slow to open -- maybe their site was down when you tried it or something. Anyway, it gave directions for rolling the fender, which I really didn't think would be necessary for such a minor step-up in size. And like you said, I'll be going with a 205/55/16 tire, so the diameter will be the ~same.)

I've been lurking in these threads for the past month, but this was my first post. Again, I thank you all very much for making my day with the good news!

P.S. Beautiful ride, Ben!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think the wheels on my '89 ce are from a c class and i've had no problems... should be the same for an '88 te...

·
Registered
761 Posts
LowAPRcredit.com - 4/16/2006 5:12 AM

p.S. Beautiful ride, Ben!
thankyou!

also, i have recieved this informaton from a friend on here, thankyou deathrattle, which maybe useful to someone..........

http://www.performancetyresdirect.co.uk/converter/converter.html

http://www.toyo.co.uk/tyre_converter.php

cheers
Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts