Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend with C240 is experiencing problems with mirror memory function. Mirrors take the memory settings, then without input shift to odd angles. Dealer (San Antonio) unable to correct. Now intends to change out the modules in the doors even though owner has indicated the the smart keys seem to send instructions differently-i.e. with one key the problem is less pronounced that with the other. Computer checks show 'no fault' which of course puts the repair tech in the 'easter egg' mode. Anyone have any suggestions, or exp the same problem? I have a Sport Wagon due for near term delivery and if a reoccuring problem is about would like to get a fix in place before delivery. Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds odd-what software? I would think the programming is driven by the on-board chips. The problem may lie in a bad bunch of smart keys, which my friends local dealer is now planning to replace. The inablity to correct this since the fault diagnosis fails to show an error has led to considerable easter egging on the part of the dealer. Pretty irritating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts