Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My c230k coupe sound system sounds bad.The problem is all the sound comes from front speakers.I have had a lot of aftermarket stereos so a am no dummy when it comes to stereos.I have checked all of my settings but it still sound cheap.I didn't get the bose system because reading this forum a lot of people said it was not that much better than MB's unit.I wish I could get 360 degree sound effect. The problem is the rear speakers they are so weak the front speakers sound good the location of the rear speakers suck bad.When I set all the sound to the rear with the audio control setting I can really tell how bad the rear speakers are.To get to the point has anyone out there upgraded their speakers in this car? If you have what size speakers are in this car I called crutchfield and they don't know either? Please respond

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that really helps.The reason I didn't get the bose was because everyone on this forum said they could tell that much difference.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they do, not much you can do about it

The rear speakers sound they way they do because MB thought it clever to put a woofer and tweeter up front and a pure midrange in the back of the door. The sound is not a result of the speaker but the crossovers in the amp that restrict what frequencies go to which speakers. I replaced the rear speakers with mid range Polks (the four are 6 1/2') and they sounded worse if that's possible. They couldn't handle the power and buzzed and broke up at high volumes so I put the stock ones back in. And yes, you would have been a dumb ass to buy the Bose at it sounds a little bassier but not as clear as the stock setup and you can't upgrade the speakers as they are some wierd impedence like 1 ohm. Your best bet is to add a subwoofer amp under the passenger seat and put a tube or box with a 8-10' sub in the back using the speaker outs (the amp is behind the spare if you pull up the entire rear rug). Or get one of those tube subs with the built in amp.<br> I did this to my last MB and it made a huge difference for the least amount of cost.<br> <br> Also do you have the CD changer. It sounds way better than the radio and it quite acceptable although it can use more bass at lower volumes.<br> <br> Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: To buellwinkle:Yes they do, not much you can do about it

I purchase some infinity kappas 6.5's for my coupe.Luckly I do not have an amp because I got the factory system so I do not have to worry about the stupid fiber optic wires MBz uses.Instead I am going to replace my factory radio with an pioneer unit DEH7400mp.The only thing that I will lose is the steering wheel control.But what I wanted to ask you is that, are you sure that the door speakers are 6 1/2 and not 5 3/4?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bose Mercedes 02' c320 stereo system. Comes with front speakers and tweeters (4) , rear sp...

Bose Mercedes 02' c320 stereo system. Comes with front speakers and tweeters (4) , rear speakers (2), factory amp and subwoofer (1). Serious Only. $200.00 OBO Contact: Alan [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts