1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 99 C-class Classic model.<br><br>
I want to upgrade my audio system but keep the same deck. <br><br>
I bought 4 12' MTX subs and 2 MTX amps to run them.<br><br>
I was wondering if there is an output on the back of the standard deck which I can link to my amps.<br><br>
Or do is there any other option?<br><br>
<br><br>
Thanks Matt<br><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont think there is a RCA outputs in the back of the deck. But what you can do is:<br> <br> buy a line out converter, it is a unit that taps into speaker wire lines and convert them to rca outputs, which then you can use the RCA to plug into the amp. (these can be found and radio shack or other electronic/stereo shop for under $20.)<br> <br> Then you still need to tap a 'switch' power cable from the rear of the stereo deck to the amp, which will act as the amp turn on switch when the stereo is turned on. <br> <br> Third, you have to run a heavy guage (aprox 12awg and up), battery power to the amp, if you car batter is in the trunk, this will save you time, just run a cable from the battery positiveto the amp's battery (bat power) terminal. <br> <br> Lastly the ground wire. ground it to the car's chasis and connect the other end to the amp's ground.<br> <br> All this sound long and difficult, but is not that difficult once you know what you are doing. expect it to take 2-3 hours thought to complete. <br> I added an amp and sub to my car this way, using the car's stock stereo and the result (sound) is quite good. <br> <br> good luck.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: C-class audio - BOSE

I thought of this my self but my impression was that when you have a Bose setup (ie. C320) the amp out is fairly equalized for the speakers and car setup. I don't think if you amp that and send it to normal speakers you would get what you want. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No but you can tap into the wires before they get to the Bose amp and then you wont have to worry

about the Bose equalization. Thats what I did in my 99 SLK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts