Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the pleasure to site an MB convoy, early AM, north of Houston on I-45 heading towards Dallas or back to Illinois. The leader of the pack, the new C Class, Silver, no markings other than Illinois MFGR plate. Every vehicle had their headlights on, as if you couldn't tell something was up. Following, I notice several MB cars, totally covered up with black plastic sheathing. Two of them were hatchback, and what I believe will be the new E design for 2002, and several other MB proto-types. Total convoy was about 10 cars. In between them were US cars. The C Class was better looking than I though. The leader of the pack would slow down every time I would slow down, keeping a good rear distance. I then moved over to left lane, and slowed down next to him, to get good look. I'll tell you, for those of us waiting, it is definitely worth waiting. It's got the looks. Three adults were in the car. The rear passenger seemed comfortable. At first look, it resembles an S type. The looks and innovation of this new C Class will surpass any BMW 330Ci or Japanese copy cat look, regardless if it's a few $ more. This C Class is an MB original. Unfortunately, I had to exit in Conroe, however it made my day. Just wanted to share my experiences for those of waiting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, the only time in my life I wished I was in Texas. Just kidding. <br>Too bad no video camera, that would have been great.: Today I had the pleasure to site an MB convoy, early AM, north of Houston on I-45 heading towards Dallas or back to Illinois. The leader of the pack, the new C Class, Silver, no markings other than Illinois MFGR plate. Every vehicle had their headlights on, as if you couldn't tell something was up. Following, I notice several MB cars, totally covered up with black plastic sheathing. Two of them were hatchback, and what I believe will be the new E design for 2002, and several other MB proto-types. Total convoy was about 10 cars. In between them were US cars. The C Class was better looking than I though. The leader of the pack would slow down every time I would slow down, keeping a good rear distance. I then moved over to left lane, and slowed down next to him, to get good look. I'll tell you, for those of us waiting, it is definitely worth waiting. It's got the looks. Three adults were in the car. The rear passenger seemed comfortable. At first look, it resembles an S type. The looks and innovation of this new C Class will surpass any BMW 330Ci or Japanese copy cat look, regardless if it's a few $ more. This C Class is an MB original. Unfortunately, I had to exit in Conroe, however it made my day. Just wanted to share my experiences for those of waiting. <p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts