Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife used our '08 C-class for business last week, while returning home she ended up following a truck which dropped a bunch of crap (stones/dirt/etc.) on the road. She couldn't change lanes quickly enough and heard a couple of items contact the front of the car. The windshield is good but the glass in both driving lights is broken. Are lenses available, or does one have to buy new lamps?

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
"Driving lights", please specify to help clarify. Fog light lenses or headlight lenses? Many here have broken fog light lenses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those are fog lights. This is actually a very common problem with our car. You're going to have to purchase new fog lights. My recommendation would be when you order the new fog lights make sure that you order some clear lamin x covers to go with them so you dont run into this problem later on.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Those are fog lights. This is actually a very common problem with our car. You're going to have to purchase new fog lights. My recommendation would be when you order the new fog lights make sure that you order some clear lamin x covers to go with them so you dont run into this problem later on.
Agreed, cracked fog lenses are a common problem that shows up in searches in this section.

I had one replaced by dealer over a year ago, I think it was over $200.

For now I have a carefully cut clear tape on both lenses for protection, until I get lamin x covers, seems to be working fine,

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had this problem, use the search tool. I paid 129 I think for the first time, then the 2nd time it happened, someone on the forum provided a shop where I only paid 98 or something. It's DIY'able but kinda cramped. I cut fingers everytime minorly. You need the right tools.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Do we need to fabricate some old school mesh covers for these?
Yes, kind of like old race cars with black tape on lights, I've installed (clear) tape on my fog lights.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts