Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How much did u pay for the upgrade?...Any improvements on acceleration??

Just under $12k but that includes a rear 4 piston brembo cross drilled brake kit. For Porshe Turbo accelration in A four door car it's a great deal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations....I will have to save up for that as well :)

Renntech does top notch work and those power claims are extremely accurate. I would love to hear how much quicker the car is in the 1/4 mile. I plan on having Renntech upgrade my suspension for me once my C32 comes in. The stock set-up seems very soft -- especially if you have 425hp. <br> <br> How did the reat brakes help? Did you do any other brake modifications like steal braided lines or different pads?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Top notch work?

Renntech cars are constantly breaking down. As for their suspension, why pay the price? You'd be better off just buying H&R springs with Koni Adj shocks set to stiff.<br>
<br>
(usually in CLK FORUM< email me if you have questionS)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Top notch work?

You got to be kidding me. H&R springs are total crap and will start sagging after 1 week.<br> <br> As for Renntech cars breaking down, where did you hear that? Car and Driver has consistantly rated Renntech Cars high on durability and drivability. Gotta wonder why no other tuner are in the major mags?<br> <br> Bottom line hear is you ger what you pay for. Renntech warrentees all of it's products. Does anyone else?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything!!!

Can you give us a description of the changes made, in the engine, suspension and brakes. Tell us how the changes compare to the OE car. Write a review just like one of those automotive journalists.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suspect the following...

I emailed Renntech about performance improvements for the SLK32. Here is what I got back...<br> <br> ITG air filter is $199<br> ECU modification for 25 HP is $1995<br> Larger crankshaft pulley kit is about $1895, increase is 20 HP<br> Headers with sport down pipes and cats is $6995, increase is about 20 HP.<br> <br> Including the brakes, it is in the 12K ballpark.<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: I suspect the following...

Did he say anything about the performance 0-60, and 1/4 time? Also what is the ITG? IHouw much Hp gain can you get from it?<br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Everything!!!-Renntech C-32

The upgrade includes a larger pulley, Software upgrade, Air intake, and some exhaust work including A custom rear muffler. In Regards to Actual performance I have taken the car to around 180 M.P.H. and I beleve with continued room to run I could have achevied a higher run. <br> Though I feel above 165 M.P.H It felt a little unstable. So we went ahead and lowered the car thus, making the car more stable. I have not had A chance to do A top speed run with the new suspension but it does feel much better at up to 150 M.P.H <br> In terms of acceleration I have not been able to get some accurate times but, in races I have been able to destroy 911's. They were not races I was much faster. Of course I have raced other cars such as mustangs or chevy Z28 and have very much beating them. One of these days I would like to get a track time. My uncle has A 911 porshe and the last time my car played with his I let him take off first and he said when he heard my car blow by his he said it sounded like a race car going by.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Actually

Renntech provides lifetime warantees on everything that they touch. All MBUSA warantees that become void because of Renntech modifications are replaced with lifetime Renntech warantees aswell.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These prices are insane!

How is he calculating 425 HP? Even if the numbers were cumulative (and they are NOT) 350 + 20 + 20 + 25 <> 425<br> <br> There is no way an air filter, pulley, chip and exhaust will add more than 40 HP at the crank.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: These prices are insane!

Yes they are high prices, but it is ignorant to say you can't get 40 crank HP by a pulley, air filter, and exhaust change. Unlike NA engines, forced induction engines are very easy to extract large amounts of extra HP. The manufactures d-tune super and turbo charged engines in the name of reliability. While turbo cars are easier to tune, e.g. my 97 supra turbo gained 40 rwhp by plugging some vacuum lines costing me $.40, supercharged cars can get huge amounts of extra power by changing the pulley wheel size and freeing up the airflow. The stock C32 has 14.7 PSI, increasing the boost by changing the pulley diameter will increase the HP by huge numbers. I know in my supra I had about 12 or so more rwhp for every 1 PSI of extra boost. The supra has a 3.0L engine compared to the 3.2L displacement of the the C32. Plus the supra has a 8.5/1 compression ratio compared to a 9.0/1 in the C32. This means there will be more gains per a PSI than even the supra. With that said, I think it is highly unlikely that our superchargers in the C32 will run 18-21 PSI like my supra, however even a 2PSI gain in boost must give at least 25 or extra HP.<br>
<br>
Sam<br>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts