Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am dumping ML 320 (going out of warranty) and was wondering if someone would provide an opinion of the C-240. Specifically, if any of you have children, is it roomy enough or pain in the tail? Wife drives A-4 and it is too small to put baby seat behind me when I drive it (rear facing). Any ideas on how it drives in snow? I am in Cleveland and DEFINITELY need something decent in snow (if really bad I can get ride etc, but everyday can be a challenge). PLEASE let me know, I have to make a decision ASAP. Please post here or email me or if you hate it and think it is waste call me 800-422-2446 thank you, Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Joe. I was in a simmilar situation. Went from a 1999 Tahoe to the 240. I love this car. Our daughter is almost two now so I can't comment on the rear facing seat but its not bad at all for the forward seat. I don't think it would be a problem. You will not be able to ride a third person in the back though unless they are REALLY skinny (ie. 10 years old) Getting the baby in and out took a while to get used to but its not bad. As far as snow, I'm still waiting to find out. Will put on Michellin Arctic Alpin or similar. I think the rear drive will be great with proper snowies on it. I'm in Saskatchewan so figure I'll be on snow and ice for at least 6 months of the year.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot tell you about the baby seat, my kids are older. But as far as winter it's not bad C320. I live in Minnesota and have a Tahoe and had a Audi front wheel before this and I love the car. If you turn off the ESP system it locks up the rear axels and there is another buttom labled S/W, you put it on winter and it starts in 2dn gear. You don't want the sport pkg or you'll have to get different tires for winter.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't sound good

I've been shopping the MB240/320, Audi, BMW for a while and I don't think the 240's a good fit for what you describe. The c240 is actually smaller than the A4, 85.5 vs 87.9 cu.ft. I thought the 240 was a real dog in stop & go traffic around town. A few years ago I drove a Passat and it was more enjoyable than the 240 although not as prestigious or possibly safe. I would look at an A6 or Passat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts