Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
U1550L/37 Doka, U1700L/38, Merc 1017A
1,563 Posts
holly cow that thing is fully loaded.

you will find that once you rearange things the way you like, you will be left with all sorts of hardware for future updates.

so does the UN one have HK rifle holders? :D

·
Registered
Vehicle: 1397 Portative Organ Normally Aspirated....U411, U2450,463 300GD
1,499 Posts
Hmmm...I think I saw Jerry Can holders but cannot confirm Gun Racks. There is a Secret Button that has a label under it saying 'Secret Button'.....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tatra box contents...in it you will find: 10 issues of rubber inner tubes, 10 rubber beadlocks,
4 pieces of windscreen, 10 sticks of chewing gum, 1 Roossian phrase book and bible....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
All German All the time

Jacks are by HAACON. The heaviest piece to handle is the toothed stand element. It appears to be a high quality galvanized material. I think it may be around 30-50 KG's each. It's a bit of a workout but not too bad. The alu structures are much easier to manhandle. It took me a few d'oh moments to figure out how to assemble them without the manual.
With container on the ground:

1. insert square alu tubing structure into container pockets and lock bottom twistlock
2. pin on the cranking gearbox with 2 pins
3. open up gearbox clamshell with 2 swivel bolts and secure toothed stand element.
(picture shows stand legs without foot pads/bases)
4. insert reverseable ratcheting handle and crank in raise direction. I haven't had it up in the air but one person should be able to do it by cranking each leg a bit at a time. Having the cross-linking rods would make it a little quicker or having 4 people crank at once.

Some other shots too-but I think I am duplicating what other people have already posted.
It appears to have the fuel pickup inside the box. The picture shows the unused lines for the Webasto. I have a feeling the heater may never have been used-unless there is a way to feed it fuel from the outside. While I don't think I am going to supply this thing with 220 volts, I may try connecting up 24 volts to the NATO connector and see if I can get at least the heater to fire. The only jerry can location at present looks like the fuel pickup plastic can which is at front-right above the heater....INSIDE!

Hmmm...don't know where that last pic came from of empty box. Trev...can you take it out? TX.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
If you are taller than 6 feet-the roof will be too low. Or---if you get claustrophobic-it will be too small. Here is a diagram with some of the FM2 dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
There is a single rack at the front..it may be a gun rack. Pic isn't that great. I played with the light levels to make it somewhat visible.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I does have a lot of these anti-vibe rubber mounted top shelves (presumably for sensitive electronic gear) They use up a fair bit of space so I may unbolt the rubber dampers and their separate shelf but still keep each base shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
mine had that rack too. almost looks like its for a bazzoka with the round rubber base. :D

i took out most of the racks and put a bunk right over the heater it the back. also relocated the circuit breaker box. this is what it sort looks like now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Could be for antenna, or for a ground/earth pin
It is possible. I have 7 or 8 books that came with this thing. There are blueprints, schematics, notes, parts lists, parts requisitions etc. I can fudge through bits of it but alas it is all in German. And I only spreche a little. I have a multi section Geroh mast I also got but I haven't unpacked it yet. I see there are a few variants for attachment: To the rear corners, to the side stairs.

·
Premium Member
1991 U1550L37, 2019 G550
2,019 Posts
It is possible. I have 7 or 8 books that came with this thing. There are blueprints, schematics, notes, parts lists, parts requisitions etc. I can fudge through bits of it but alas it is all in German. And I only spreche a little. I have a multi section Geroh mast I also got but I haven't unpacked it yet. I see there are a few variants for attachment: To the rear corners, to the side stairs.
Those masts are great. It will get you cell reception in the boonies or good wifi on a camp ground.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
mine had that rack too. almost looks like its for a bazzoka with the round rubber base. :D

i took out most of the racks and put a bunk right over the heater it the back. also relocated the circuit breaker box. this is what it sort looks like now.
Haha Tmax...that is exactly where I was going to put a 30 inch wide berth. I was thinking of a stainless shower/ bathroom enclosure behind it-so the front berth would be accessed through a fairly small opening on one side. I want to be able to change it back to original easily so I don't know how far I will go with those plans. I thought an insert bridging the tables on either side would also make a great bed.

I had to look at what you said...when you said heater at back...I look at that as the front (because the door I think of as the rear)...anyways I digress...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm thinking of a Kimberly stove in the rear left corner. Slightly overkill and expensive..wish they came out with a smaller one but damn sexy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your unit looks great Tmax. Have you fired up the Webasto yet?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
thanks.

yes i just put some batteries in and it came allive. everything works as the unit was actually brand new. i was the first guys that put foot prints in it. :D

for now i just have it stocked with some none parishables till i figure out how to arrange things.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 122 Posts