Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
OK, a series of the Shelter Boxes, many of them manufactured by Zeppelin, that have been
used by the German Armed Forces.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P2.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.4.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I would love to have one of those!!!
Thanks for the PICS!!!

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P.7.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Reading thru the German sites, everybody says you don't want anything but the Zeppelin made ones if building a camper. Those have way better insulation and other than the bottom container locks no metal going from outside to inside transferring cold.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
TRUKTOR, Do you have any tight shots of the aluminium rail system? It looks like what I would call 'speed rail'. That might be the wrong word but you have probably seen it on an insert or camera car rig. Some of my contacts here may know where to get compatible hardware.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P.8.
Some interior rail details….the locking bolts/lugs show up on EBAY.De, as do the tie-downs, and the corner brackets which locate the box in the bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks, It isn't what I thought it was...the extrusions with the semi circles in the rails. But hey if that works and the fittings can be had that's great. It looks like they have thought of everything. You could probably turn that box upside down and nothing would move except maybe that map on the table. What would those fittings and hardware be called in German do you suppose?

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know, but you can bet there are piles of that hardware hitting the surplus market
in Germany, along with the boxes.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P.9.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
P.10.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
P.12.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
About this Discussion
121 Replies
22 Participants
BloodyGerman
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing