Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard a mild buzzing noise coming from the back(behind the seat somewhere) when the engine is running. You can hear it more clearly with the radio off, but the noise goes away when you turn the engine off. It is not a loud one but just wondering what it can be.
thanks

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be the airscarf, but you can hear the noise even with the airscarf off, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
R171
17 Posts
I hope you're right about it being the fuel pump, because I heard it today for the first time and I must admit I got a little worried. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
SLK 350
24 Posts
I can hear the noise too, but not behind the seat. the noise is from the left front when I turn steering wheel, especially when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
Yup my R171 has the noise too. I don't know why but I like it... haha.. after awhile it goes away though. And everything is quiet and calm again except for the V6...

Jon[}:)]

·
Registered
34 Posts
is this just when the car is new, does it go away?

I noticed it yesterday, it is driving me nuts

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
It's the fuel pump. The fuel pump on the SLK V 6's makes some noise. Get use to it. I don't think that the factory considers it a problem. We have been discussing this for two years and I don't remember anyone that got a new fuel pump. I'm not sure if this is unique to the V 6 engines or if it is also noticable with the SLK 200's and SLK 55 AMG's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts