Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 MERCEDES CLK320 C
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i just bought a 99 clk and im going to lower it. I was thinking H&R springs but i was wondering if anyone has heard of B+G springs, right around the same price but the lower the car a little more. I just bought 19x8.5s for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear. Let me know, thank you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I suggest you get an assortment of pads and have them on hand:

I also suggest you identify what pads are in the car now.

Would clearly not go with the B&G - Based on the fact that soo many people in the forum can advise you with Eibacj and H&R.

Also - Get performance shocks if you are lowering the car.

Lastly - importsant to some...look into camber kits and have them with you when you do the springs..nothing beats getting the springs put on to find out that you have a camber issue and will eat up tires every 6,000 miles..

Just my feedback...Also find a good install place

·
Registered
99 MERCEDES CLK320 C
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, sorry i am new to this, i have had an ML before and i never lowered it. What are spring pads and where do i get them? thanks
rick

·
Registered
91 Posts
Spring pads are rubber "washers" that
are placed on top of the springs.

You get them from the dealer.
One of the first people to respond provided you with the appropriate dealer product numbers.

Provide the dealer with your VIN number and they will be able to help you order these.

The costs are about $7.00 for each one
You will need to get (2) for the front and (2) for the rear.

There are varying opinions regarding shich ones to use, ultimately it all depends on how low you wish to go. Most of the people on the forum use a pad one number higher for the rear vs the front.

Example:

#2 in the Front
#3 in the back

or #1 in the front
#2 in the back

Good luck.

·
Registered
clk55
40 Posts
I would go with eibach springs and koni adjustable shocks. I am running this setup on my clk55 and its still a bit soft but handles really well. I personally think the ride with H&R springs is too harsh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts