Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2002 slk32 for $33,500. The vehicle has 30,000 miles and is in perfect condition. Is this a good price? I currently own a 1998 slk230 and am hoping to upgrade. I've checked KBB and this seems to be a good price, but was hoping for some input from everyone. Also I currently have Carlsson 18" wheels and I am wondering if I should trade these wheels for the 17" AMG wheels that are on the slk32.
Are the factory AMG wheels better than the Carlssons?
Thanks

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
I think that is a great price. I checked NADA, Kelley BB, and Edmunds and got a large range of prices. It looked to me like a lot of 2002 SLK 32s were selling in the mid to upper 30s in January when I bought mine. I paid $34K + TTL and thought I got a great deal on my 2002 with 32,000 miles. I think they will continue to depreciate but more slowly than the 230s and 320s.

As far as the wheels go, I'm a stock kind of guy so I like the OEM AMG wheels.

·
Registered
06 corvette coupe
468 Posts
I had my '04 for sale for 12 weeks. I had 3 serious people and they all offered 40-43. Talk about major depreciation.[:(!]

anyway, your price seems decent. I'd keep the 18s if you like them. I just bought 18 inch brabus replicas and I think they look much better than the 17s that came with it.

good luck

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
joeboxer, I know its a trip, but its really not that bad, my brother comes from Ohio all the time. But, Lewbar Imports, a MB dealer in West Spfld. MA just called me and informed me that they have a Black on Black SLK32 with I think they said 16-19k miles. If you like black on black, then there's nothing that can replaces mileage in my opinion. 1 800 764 2853, ask for MIKE, then tell him that John Boilard reffered you. I think it was nice of him to call me and let me know that he had one, upon request many months ago, a little late, but none the less, it was nice and I'd like to throw him a bone for DOING HIS JOB, so many dealers take your name if its not in stock and trash it when ya walk out the door.

Hey, Springfield has TONS of stuff to do here too. Tons! We're so implanted in the history books its not funny. So you could make this a mini trip.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
60 Posts
A few months ago I purchased my 2002 slk32 amg with 13,000 miles for $35,000 on ebay - since then I have seen several more slk32 amg's listed on ebay for around the same price but all with very low mileage - check it out if you haven't purchased yet - I got a great deal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts