Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Unless you know the shop real well, first they will try and sell you ball joints and tie rods. Second a quickie tire shop alignment is just as likely to screw your car up as set it up.

Finally, if your tires look good, the alignment is most likely good.

Now if you live in NYC, all bets are off!

And now a final final, you can always have your alignment checked, but only at a shop you trust.

·
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
5,048 Posts
it is advisable to have your car aligned at least once a year..
That makes no sense. I drive my 16V less than 1000 miles a year. I should still have an alignment? That's not practical. Inspect your components at least once a year is more like it. If your tires show uneven wear you may need an alignment, otherwise save your money.

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
^^^

+1

If your car tracks straight and your tires show no signs of uneven wear then you probably don't need an alignment. These cars only have toe-in adjustment when it comes to aligning them. Check your tire pressures to make sure they are correct. And eliminate your tires as the potential cause of wandering - my car pulled to the right a bit with summer tires on, and an alignment didn't change anything. I rotated the tires front to rear, and the car stopped pulling to the right - the problem was with one of the tires, not the suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts