Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CLK320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase the Carlsson 1/6 Evo Diamond Cut finish. They are 18/8.5 front and 18/9 rear. I want to lower the car after. I want the drop to hide the gap and maybe a little of the tire. I am wondering what is a good tire to go with? Springs that will lower the 18"s this low? Below I have attached a pic of the drop I am intrested in, I am assuming this is atleast a 2" drop. Will I need to roll my fenders and what does that involve? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Dropped CLK430

The images you have are of a CLK with 19" wheels and have a two inch drop at least. You might need to go lower to cover the gap depending on the tire you use. The popular size of tire for an 18 inch wheel is a 235/35/18 and or 265/30/18. As far as rolling the fenders, with a 9" rear wheel, I don't think you'll have a those issues where rolling is necessary. When you opt for a 9.5" or 10 inch like in my case, then you should have the fenders rolled. I did but I still have some rubbing issues. Hope that helps. My car is lowered 1.5" with an H&R/Bilstein settup and I still want to go a little lower. Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK430
38 Posts
stupid question

what do you mean by having the fenders rolled?
im putting on 19x8 and 19x10 2/5's and i want to anticipate any problems, i also have the h&r/bilstein setup

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Fender Rolling

There is a machine that bolts onto the hub of your rear wheel and use a roller ball to flaten out the inside of your fender not affecting the outer appearance giving you clearance for the wheel to move in an out. But the problem with a 10 inch wheel is that the inside of the rim rubs on a inner plastic shroud on the inside part of the fender and the chassis.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts