Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see text below send to CEO MB germany via email, fax, and discussed with his office on phone-without any action:

Dear Dr. Dieter Zetsche,
I take this opportunity to bring to your kind attention melancholy that I am suffering while purchasing a car from your Mississauga dealership in Ontario Canada. I visited this dealership on Oct 25th for buying a C350 car. I informed the sales rep that I can buy a car immediately if it is available in stock at this dealership, as my current car lease is expiring in a week. He confirmed that one white colored C350 with black interior is available in stock right at the dealership. I made an offer for that car. He got approval from his manager and accepted my offer. I paid a deposit of $ 1500 as advance on my American Express and the sales rep took me to the business office for completion of documentation. While in the business office I requested to see the car, while the business office completes documentation. The sales rep went out for getting keys but returned back in minutes informing that the car is not in stock, and probably the computer was showing wrong status of inventory. This was quite a surprise for me. I inquired from the sales rep, sales manager, and the business office manager that how is it possible that the dealership is not aware of their inventory status, and that the computer system of one of the biggest car makers in the world is showing wrong status of inventory. They did not reply, however they informed that this car is still under manufacturing and is schedule to arrive at the dealership in the 3rd week of Nov. They also promised to search and locate a similar car in the inventory of other dealerships and get me one as soon as possible. I said I am still ready to buy a car from them provided they arrange a rental car for me until my car arrives at the dealership, since my current car lease is expiring on Nov 5th. The sales manger agreed to get me a rental car on Mercedes Benz corporate account; however when I contacted the dealership next day they declined to provide a rental car, still promising to get me a car quickly from some other dealership before expiry of my current car lease. Not satisfied with this attitude I called the General Sales Manager (Peter Fuller) and left a detailed voice message for him, however he never returned my call. I than contacted Mercedes Benz customer services department for help, and the customer services rep (Sarah) promised to settle this issue, informing Mr. Peter will call me immediately to settle the issue. Getting no call from Mr. Peter I called the customer service again and asked Sarah about follow up; however at this time she changed her stance and told me she can only ask Mr. Peter’s assistant to call me. I asked Sarah about the manager of Mr. Peter Fuller and she provided name of Mr. Billy Roger Regional Head. I asked her if she can convey my message to him to contact me, but never got a response. Mr. Peter’s assistant called me, and next day I visited the dealership and met with Mr. Terry to discuss the situation. He informed that he is not legally bound to help me since he had not yet signed a purchase agreement with me, only accepted my deposit. I told him that I am not talking of legal grounds and not going for any legal action, but expect a fair treatment from an esteemed institution like Mercedes Benz. I also signed a purchase agreement with the dealership, and they put in writing on the sales agreement that the car will be delivered in the 3rd week of Nov. However they declined to provide a rental car. Next day I called back the customer services again and asked if they had conveyed my message to Mr. Billy Roger since I had not received any call from him. The customer service did not give me an appropriate reply, and I told the customer services that I will now be contacting the President’s office of Mercedes Benz Canada. I also obtained contact information for the customer service manager. After an hour I received a call from Mr. Billy Roger. I informed him of my complaint in detail including that Mr. Peter Fuller never returned my call. He said he will deal with Mr. Peter at his own level. I requested him if I could get a rental car, or alternatively I could arrange a rental car on my own and to subsidize my sufferings he can give me free extended warranty; however he did not reply. Also, to my surprise Mr. Billy informed that there is a glitch in the company’s computer system for the last several months and as such they cannot tell with certainty about the inventory in hand or in transit. This news was unbelievable coming from the regional head of one of the world’s top class car manufacturer. Next day, getting no response from anywhere I called the customer service again for follow up, when Sarah informed that Mr. Billy Rogers had decided that no further action is required on my complaint, and so nothing further can be done. She also informed that Mr. Billy Rogers is the final authority for Mercedes Benz Canada and his decision is final. I than called the Toronto Office of Mercedes Benz on Friday and left a voice message for the Manager of customer services as well as for the Vice President of Mercedes Benz Canada.

I am sure reading up to this point you can realize how much frustrated a customer would feel from this situation, and how could this adversely affect the reputation of your company – only due to some incompetent and irresponsible employees. I would humbly request you to please look into this personally in the better interest of your company and clients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dr. Dieter Zetsche,
I have been sending emails to you, but unfortunately without any response. Probably this is one reason why your staff here in Canada is also unresponsive towards customers. I have not seen a poor customer service than in this organization. Last week Terry asked me that i should not contact you or head office in Germany and he is going to settle the issue, but today he has changed his stance. Now i have no option left but to issue all our correspondence Globally for the information of the public - how i was cheated & treated by your staff. I will be visiting Germany next month and will try to visit you as well to personally apprise of the situation.
Best regards,

·
Registered
2001 CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
611 Posts
When in Stuttgart, I would go and see the Mercedes and Porsche Museums....I doubt that a personal visit with Dr. Zetsche will be arranged...

·
Registered
W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
641 Posts
It's hardly their fault that the OP waited until the lease on his current car was expired before he tried to get a new car.
Also, who pays a deposit on a car - sight unseen?
Plus, who ever got a free rental car, just because they put a deposit on a car?

It's only a car purchase FFS, not a kidney transplant....don't get so bent out of shape!

A failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on their part. Next time plan your life better!

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
I am looking to get a new C class or GLK and there is nothing in stock either.
Cars and option in stock are almost non existent.
You have to order cars from the factory.
Dealer had hard time to find something.
Tough economy time.

You could have had a new car 3 month before expiry of the lease.
MB financial would take over your current lease last 3 payments.

You need to order car from factory at least 6 months before lease expiry.

Standard manufacturing time is between 8 and 14 weeks from factory to the dealership.

Good luck finding something.

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
I think the point here is that the OP was told a car was in stock when in fact they probably knew it wasn't. By that time, the purchase order had been signed and sealed. This is shady business IMO. The purchase contract should have been voided when it was discovered that the car did not in fact exist.

I'm not sure what you can do at this point, but in the States, this would be something you would report to the BBB. If such an organization exists in Canada, I would encourage you to file a report with them.
-Robert

·
Registered
2001 CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
611 Posts
I think the point here is that the OP was told a car was in stock when in fact they probably knew it wasn't. By that time, the purchase order had been signed and sealed. This is shady business IMO. The purchase contract should have been voided when it was discovered that the car did not in fact exist.

I'm not sure what you can do at this point, but in the States, this would be something you would report to the BBB. If such an organization exists in Canada, I would encourage you to file a report with them.
-Robert
I would think that the dealership is willing to give back the deposit and forget the whole deal....
I thought there are several MB dealerships in Ontario - hard to believe they do not have the right inventory.

·
Registered
99 mercedes c230k
97 Posts
Please see text below send to CEO MB germany via email, fax, and discussed with his office on phone-without any action:

Dear Dr. Dieter Zetsche,
I take this opportunity to bring to your kind attention melancholy that I am suffering while purchasing a car from your Mississauga dealership in Ontario Canada. I visited this dealership on Oct 25th for buying a C350 car. I informed the sales rep that I can buy a car immediately if it is available in stock at this dealership, as my current car lease is expiring in a week. He confirmed that one white colored C350 with black interior is available in stock right at the dealership. I made an offer for that car. He got approval from his manager and accepted my offer. I paid a deposit of $ 1500 as advance on my American Express and the sales rep took me to the business office for completion of documentation. While in the business office I requested to see the car, while the business office completes documentation. The sales rep went out for getting keys but returned back in minutes informing that the car is not in stock, and probably the computer was showing wrong status of inventory. This was quite a surprise for me. I inquired from the sales rep, sales manager, and the business office manager that how is it possible that the dealership is not aware of their inventory status, and that the computer system of one of the biggest car makers in the world is showing wrong status of inventory. They did not reply, however they informed that this car is still under manufacturing and is schedule to arrive at the dealership in the 3rd week of Nov. They also promised to search and locate a similar car in the inventory of other dealerships and get me one as soon as possible. I said I am still ready to buy a car from them provided they arrange a rental car for me until my car arrives at the dealership, since my current car lease is expiring on Nov 5th. The sales manger agreed to get me a rental car on Mercedes Benz corporate account; however when I contacted the dealership next day they declined to provide a rental car, still promising to get me a car quickly from some other dealership before expiry of my current car lease. Not satisfied with this attitude I called the General Sales Manager (Peter Fuller) and left a detailed voice message for him, however he never returned my call. I than contacted Mercedes Benz customer services department for help, and the customer services rep (Sarah) promised to settle this issue, informing Mr. Peter will call me immediately to settle the issue. Getting no call from Mr. Peter I called the customer service again and asked Sarah about follow up; however at this time she changed her stance and told me she can only ask Mr. Peter’s assistant to call me. I asked Sarah about the manager of Mr. Peter Fuller and she provided name of Mr. Billy Roger Regional Head. I asked her if she can convey my message to him to contact me, but never got a response. Mr. Peter’s assistant called me, and next day I visited the dealership and met with Mr. Terry to discuss the situation. He informed that he is not legally bound to help me since he had not yet signed a purchase agreement with me, only accepted my deposit. I told him that I am not talking of legal grounds and not going for any legal action, but expect a fair treatment from an esteemed institution like Mercedes Benz. I also signed a purchase agreement with the dealership, and they put in writing on the sales agreement that the car will be delivered in the 3rd week of Nov. However they declined to provide a rental car. Next day I called back the customer services again and asked if they had conveyed my message to Mr. Billy Roger since I had not received any call from him. The customer service did not give me an appropriate reply, and I told the customer services that I will now be contacting the President’s office of Mercedes Benz Canada. I also obtained contact information for the customer service manager. After an hour I received a call from Mr. Billy Roger. I informed him of my complaint in detail including that Mr. Peter Fuller never returned my call. He said he will deal with Mr. Peter at his own level. I requested him if I could get a rental car, or alternatively I could arrange a rental car on my own and to subsidize my sufferings he can give me free extended warranty; however he did not reply. Also, to my surprise Mr. Billy informed that there is a glitch in the company’s computer system for the last several months and as such they cannot tell with certainty about the inventory in hand or in transit. This news was unbelievable coming from the regional head of one of the world’s top class car manufacturer. Next day, getting no response from anywhere I called the customer service again for follow up, when Sarah informed that Mr. Billy Rogers had decided that no further action is required on my complaint, and so nothing further can be done. She also informed that Mr. Billy Rogers is the final authority for Mercedes Benz Canada and his decision is final. I than called the Toronto Office of Mercedes Benz on Friday and left a voice message for the Manager of customer services as well as for the Vice President of Mercedes Benz Canada.

I am sure reading up to this point you can realize how much frustrated a customer would feel from this situation, and how could this adversely affect the reputation of your company – only due to some incompetent and irresponsible employees. I would humbly request you to please look into this personally in the better interest of your company and clients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dr. Dieter Zetsche,
I have been sending emails to you, but unfortunately without any response. Probably this is one reason why your staff here in Canada is also unresponsive towards customers. I have not seen a poor customer service than in this organization. Last week Terry asked me that i should not contact you or head office in Germany and he is going to settle the issue, but today he has changed his stance. Now i have no option left but to issue all our correspondence Globally for the information of the public - how i was cheated & treated by your staff. I will be visiting Germany next month and will try to visit you as well to personally apprise of the situation.
Best regards,
man i would of sued them

·
Registered
1983 240D, 1974 240D
501 Posts

-Robert
This is probably true, but the point about not putting money down on a car you have not seen also stands. Who does that?

Dealers of any type are notoriously shady, but the possibility does exist that they may have had an inventory discrepancy and are telling the truth also.

What I can't fathom is how the OP got to the point of putting down cash for a car he had as yet not even looked at! especially since, at the time, they were all under the impression that it was on the lot! He definitely PUT himself in this position, whatever the outcome.

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
What's the big deal....just cancel the agreement and go buy from another MB dealership. Not all MB dealership are the same...why give money to a business that does not treat you right? Vote with your money...maybe even go to BMW and buy a BMW and send MB a letter that they screwed up and lost a potential MB customer...

·
Registered
2003 CLK320
10 Posts
Wow, ive never had a probelm purchasing a car through mb canada. One dealerships actions does not signifiy the actions of another dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts