Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK230 Kompressor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I ordered and paid for interior paint (200ml Anthracite 221) for my SLK on 4/03/07 through Paypal as directed by them. I have yet to receive anything from them. I sent a email out to them on 4/14/07 inquiring on a delivery date and still no contact.:crybaby2:

Has anyone had any issues with this company? How long did it take to get your paint? I'm wondering if I should call them...
:confused:
any thoughts.....

GmniDrm

·
Registered
2001 slk230 R170 2006 E280 W211
21 Posts
I just got my bottle of Crimson 217 on monday from Viponds no problem...:thumbsup: i think as Bazzle said, they had a holiday last week, so it took a couple of extra days... but Paypal and shipping was all very smooth.... I'm in Penang Malaysia...

by the way Crimson 217 is a newly available interior color , recently matched by Viponds from my wife's '01 SLK230 steering panel...(which i also got back from Viponds no problem)

I haven't tried the paint out yet...but i'll try and snap a few before and after pics and let you know how it turned out...

Regards,
TedT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, left the camera at the office over the weekend and couldn't wait to try the paint.... so no "before" and "after" pictures...but I can say that Viponds is great ... very simple to apply, blended perfectly... color match was spot on.... was especially easy to fix tiny nicks... and i did all my paint in-situ.... no need to remove any panels...just cleaned them as per instructions... also, since its water based, its very easy to clean up.... I highly recommend that you try this paint instead of monkeying around with any other solutions...

·
Registered
21 Posts
forgot to add the best compliment of all... (since this is actually my wife's car)... after I re-painted all the interior nicks and peels... she said "It looks BRAND NEW! "

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Paint takes about 10 days on average to the USA - however, some states seem to take longer

When I was sending Viponds paint out, occasionally took up to 16-17 days from mailing date.

If you are not getting a reply, try [email protected] also --they have a glitch with emails occasionally - above all, don't be concerned - they are absolutely straight up

Oberoi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the input on the 217 interior paint. I contacted Viponds last month but did not get around to sending a sample for them to match. Interesting though is my Vin pulled up Magma Red 217. My car is the same year, 2001 sport.
I put an order in to Viponds.
Thanks again for the posting.

Tom, Colorado USA

·
Registered
2001 SLK230 Kompressor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to say I did get my paint in the mail. Thanks for everyone's replys. It just took a while to get and I did get an apology email from Alan so no worries:thumbsup: . I just need to find the time to apply it:D

Gmni Drm

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
620 Posts
Does this method require removal of the old paint, or can this paint go on top? Also, does anyone know of the long-term durability of this product?

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Durability I asume to be the same as the paint already there from MB. So you still have to be carefull with the interior, but it's no problem fixing it ones a year or as soon as a scratch appair :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes...the russian VIN site appears to identify the color code correctly as 217, but the description is wrong.... it should be "crimson" ... and also note that crimson is different than salsa/scarlet....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts