Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do most of it don't accept credit card?

I was at this gas station the other day, it accepted credit cards, but when I swiped it, it said to see cashier or attendent. Anyway, I went to dude and said I wanted to fill up my car at pump #___. He asked me how much do I want? 50 gallon? 100 gallon? I was like, uhh, what the hell? He asked me what kind of truck do I have. I said I have a Mercedes car, not a truck. [:D]

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
I never tryed it. I gotta one day. I pay cash all the time. I get that too. But its like "That pump is diesel only" or "wrong pump Sir, thats diesel."

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Once, somebody said "That's diesel!!!" I said "Yeah, my car's a diesel" and he said "Oh, OK!!" [:D][:D]

We don't usually have alot of diesel cars here in California. I noticed the pump nozzles of diesels won't fit in fuel tanks of gasoline cars. [?]

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
They aren't as abundant as gasoline pumps, but I don't have too much trouble finding pay at the pump diesel pumps.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
wow are diesel cars that un-common over there? there are sooo many in the uk, but i guess with gas prices being so expensive people like the good mpg from diesels!!

·
Registered
1983 240D auto..soon to run a generator in the country.1984 300D turbo 4 spd
149 Posts
Some want $2.35 per gallon. Time to filter the fryer oil.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
[:0] more like $1.60 per litre over in the uk!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The chinese restaurant near me has to pay to have the used fryer oil removed.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
maybe you could be a nice guy and only charge them half price to take the waste oil "off their hands" !!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got to figure out where to hide everything from my wife. I referred to as"chef of the future". Also as the cheapest guy she ever married. What she calls a reverse snob. I brag about how little I've spent rather than how much.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
haha, im exactly the same, my friends brag that they just bought something like a pair of trousers for £50, i tell them i just got a pair for £3.... all the money i save on that kinda stuff i waste on my cars!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
We're lucky to have a place upstate ( rundown ramshackle originally) and my favorite route is through the Holland Tunnel and up 1&9 for fuel. It doesn't include the horrific taxes charged in NY. A friend formally in the fuel oil biz said they use to use #2 oil for the trucks but it's dyed red so an inspector can spot the use of a non-taxed fuel source. Also a higher cetane ( I think that's how it's rated)value than diesel. When I drove trucks for a living I'd add an extra gal of gas to a full tank of deisel to avoid a gelling problem. Thinking of trying to set-up a wvo filtering whatchamacallit. I'll be using everyone's biofuel links. Keep you updated. Hey, can they tax us on alternative fuels? It's not like I haven't had to avoid the law on some minor scale before ,(mainly speeding) but economies like upstate are crying for new business and everyone has to suffer from outlandish fuel prices. Folks raise their families, pay for autos and homes on $7 & $8 an hour salaries. To cut the fuel price in half would be a blessing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, fuels along 1/9 is cheaper than anything in NY. But the problem is that, unless I have a purpose to get out of the city, the toll is a waste of money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts