Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
W126 420SE & W126 300SE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a CLK in a few months time but having never actually driven one I was looking for a little advice and which model is best and what to look for, if there are any major problems certain models have.

At the moment I run a W126 which is obviously built very well. Would you guys say the W208s are pretty good when it comes to built quality and running costs or have you had a lot of problems?

Ideally I would like a manual but I guess the 320 comes only as an auto does it?

Does anyone have the performance figues for a 320 auto and a 230 manual?

Thanks
Norm

· Registered
W126 420SE & W126 300SE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's where my folks are from and our first family Merc, a W116 280SE, 1977 which is still very much a part of the family today! Seem to be a lot of people on benzworld who know Bielefeld quite well.

· Registered
W208 1999 CLK430
19 Posts
Hey there. I haven't had any issues to date with my 430. Granted I purchased it in January of this year. It is a sophisticated, attractive and powerful car that turns a lot of heads. Whoever had it before me took superb care of it, 9 yrs old with 75K on it...a real cream puff. Much like anything else, if it was treated well, then you shouldn't have much trouble at all - but if it was neglected...then it's a coin toss. You feel most every bump, so that would be my biggest complaint about it, but it is a 2-door sports car essentially, so that is expected. Good luck in whatever you decide.

· Registered
CLK55 AMG Cab
276 Posts
I've owned a W208 cab for 6 months now & only minor probs which have all been discussed in detail on this board. Engine, transmission, chassis, brakes all are rock solid on these W208's if properly maintained...... Electronics/gadgets are a silly joke just like most late model MB's. Good luck

· Registered
99CLK320
1,483 Posts
I have a 320 w/under 20K miles. I had th ECU tuned and I have enough power however, I ask myself what a 430 or a 55 would be like. just a fantasy cuz I cannot afford either at least at this time. only problem was the sunroof stuck.

· Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,201 Posts
I don't own one but a neighbor of mine does (CLK55) that he bought on eBay. It's a bit newer one than mine because it looks like the W211 2-door version (W209). Amyway, he said he's had a few minor electrical issues but he loves the engine and transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.