Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
ok so finally i found the community, phewww,
i have a question to ask and would seriously appreciate a helpful tip and advice, i recently sold my Mitsubishi eclipse GT, and have been looking in the market for a Merc, just recently i found a C32 AMG, 2002, with 170,000 KM asking $10,000, i looked at the Canadian blue book value, and there is no data in the database, so my question is a 3 part,
1. 170k is that too much? as in is that the fair market price for a 170k C32 amg? (asked a few mechanics, the usuall answer is that "this car is not very common thus the price is very unstable!"<--direct quote from a benz certified mechanic!
2. How much problems should i begin to save up for :) considering this car is high mileage
3. what is the life expectancy of this engine on average, considering who ever drove that car previously maintained it? (ive been reading everywhere, ive also asked a few mechanics, and ive getting very different answers some say 200k some say 300k some go as far as 400k loool

a quick answer would be much appreciated, as am considering just forget about this and move on!

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
You'll be in for some maintenance no doubt, but the c32 is worth it if you're wiling to settle with the high prices for parts, and expensive labor charges. If you're good with the wrench, and do work yourself it'll save you a lot in the long run. The M112K is a solid engine that can last 400K miles without a doubt. You'll obviously be replacing stuff on the way, but block, pistons, etc, will last. Around $2,500 in performance modifications you'll have it up to nearly 400WHP... Bought my c32 with 83k miles $12.5k and have it up to 107k miles. Still running good. I've been through a lot with this car though. Seems I have one of the more problematic builds, but still worth it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot man, that really cleared up alot for me, what i believe am going to do is take it to a MB certified mechanic b4 buying just to see how much damage has been done!!! and what to expect in the foreseeable future, ive been hooked on this car for ages and i finally found one, i hope this isnt a lemon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts