Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a 86 560, can ya'll tell me if there is anything bad about this idea? Also seems like a stupid question.. but what kind of gas mileage do they get?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Go for it. With regards to gas mileage, you could probably be looking at 30-35 miles per gallon.<p>Good luck<br>Antonio<br>: I'm thinking of buying a 86 560, can ya'll tell me if there is anything bad about this idea? Also seems like a stupid question.. but what kind of gas mileage do they get?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: I'm thinking of buying a 86 560, can ya'll tell me if there is anything bad about this idea? Also seems like a stupid question.. but what kind of gas mileage do they get?<p>Just decided to part with my 89 560SL $18k<br>gets around 18mpg mostly highway miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
30-35 mpg off a 560? Maybe I am missing something but I am in the 15-17 range around town; about half of what you are quoting.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
They must have measured fuel mileage a bit differently way back in the olden days.;)

Welcome to the board 1ual777.

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
page62 said:
Now how in the heck did this 7-year-old thread get dug up???
The newbie did it. I saw him do it. I told him I'd tell, but he didn't care.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
Tattel tell tattel tell!

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
ScottinSoCal said:
The newbie did it. I saw him do it. I told him I'd tell, but he didn't care.

I think the new guy deserves some credit for at least having perused the archives.

And the fact that he didn't care tells me he'll fit right in.

And he was right, anyone claiming 30+ MPG with an 80's MB V-8 gasser is lying. Or confusing miles with kilometers. Or stupid. Certainly not a math major.

Dave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I admit it I am the newbie and did respond to this w/o checking the date. So I have strike one against me. But that guy must have been coming off Mt Everest downhill with a 50 mph tail wind to get that kind of mpg.
I feel lucky just to get 15-17; of course I guess it doesn't help that I am trying to make the carbon deposits extinct between red lights here in the O.C.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,153 Posts
1ual777 said:
Ok, I admit it I am the newbie and did respond to this w/o checking the date. So I have strike one against me. But that guy must have been coming off Mt Everest downhill with a 50 mph tail wind to get that kind of mpg.
I feel lucky just to get 15-17; of course I guess it doesn't help that I am trying to make the carbon deposits extinct between red lights here in the O.C.
FINALLY!!!
A newbie using the search and reading posts. AND he never actually asked a question!

Well, that's boring.

Welcome aboard and be sure to fill out your profile so we can properly make fun of you.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 1991 420SEL 2017 Chrysler 300
3,187 Posts
It's a ....

nobby said:
Welcome aboard and be sure to fill out your profile so we can properly make fun of you.
It's a 107 thing. Being made sport of comes with the turf here and it makes it one of the great reasons to be here. On top of that, you actually learn a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts