Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the Mercedes but not to the forum because I was planning for an s-class :)
And did my home work for a whole year :D ,
and now is the time to move on and get one
since I have my cash $ ready 15000$ :eek::D:eek:

Right now I am looking for the right one for me,
Am willing to get the - S500 2005 - :D
And is there any differences between 2004 and 2005 ?
Do you think it’s a good choice ?
Any extra advices from our Form wise guys? :p;)

Am below 20 :rolleyes: And Very Excited to get my Ride :cool: and as a wise man once said and i Qoute :
I'd go for it.

you only live once and can never be 18 again, so live it up man. Oh and be polite to people here, they'll help you out when you need it.

Wishing to get as many advices you can give me,:D
and thanks in advance

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you're going for it and I'm glad you're going with th V8 instead of the 12.

The 600 is a cruel and unforgiving mistress. Although I enjoy some spanks with my tickles, the 600 doesn't care what I want.

The 500 is merely the high maintenace girlfriend by comparison and much more "normal" in terms of maintenace and care.

Good luck with your purchase.

PS

There are very few differences between the '04 and '05 mechanically, but the '05 switched to digital telematics and you could "technically" use the MB phone if it was supplied as an option, but eew, buy a bluetooth adapter and use a real phone.

The '04 used the old analog signal and while you can still use the bluetooth adapter on it, the phone system is no longer supported as is.

What am saying? You knew all this, you had a year of reasearch and of course that means the stickies as well as the Encyclopedia Germanica W220 edition right? RIGHT? Of course you did and I'm just giving you redundant info.

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for replaying

Yes i did my home work :D

Only looking for any more advices that might help

and yes I kept away because I read too many topics about the s600 problems :crybaby2:

That made me go for the S500 :D

·
Registered
2004 S55
112 Posts
Riyami s class mercedes are by far the best of the best. I sold my e class i had 2 months ago and just bought a 04 S430 black on black amg package. My suggestion to you is research the car reall well and its history before you buy it. I bought mine with 83,000 mi for 14k cash the guy wanted 20000 which i thought was insane. My suggestion to you is find one that has that purple glass in the back window mine has it and i just tinted the front wintow it turned out great and color light purple people already are making compliments about how good the car looks.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
The "purple" color in window film is frequently the result of using products containing ammonia on a gray film. It is a type of discoloration. I'm sure one can get a purple-colored film if desired, but for folks with gray film who want to keep it that way, avoid ammonia (e.g., Windex).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts