Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C280
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody., i'm buying a 1999 C280 from a friend of mine., the price is great ($5000, KBB said is $8900)., the maintance records are great, but the only catch is that the car has 180000 miles on it., outside, inside, everything looks and works sweet., and just trying to figure is i have to be worried about something with that kind of milleage???

By the way it is my first Mercedes Benz ever, so i will appreciatte any help., Thanks everybody[?]

·
Registered
C280 Sport
62 Posts
How are things working out?

I just purchased a '99 C280 myself. I've yet to pick it up.

A few people steered me towards the c280, vs the c230, because of the naturally aspirated 6 cyc engine. It is supposed to be a winner. The dealer I purchased the car from told me it is "bullet-proof". But then he is the guy selling me the car...

No doubt, you'll be looking at some parts replacement costs (that goes with the territory of a used car)but if the engine internals are durable (and the electric stuff works-i've heard depressing stories from some.) then it was a sweet buy. Hey, at that price you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Im planning now very soon to get a late W202 car. Particularly the C230 Kompressor.

Anything to watch out for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
own a 99 C280 & would not buy again. These cars are suppose to be "built to last." They are not. My C280 has 113,000 miles, yes a lot but should experience as many probelms as I've had. I too have a really popular problem with the mass air flow sensor. A lot of C class owners on this website are experiencing the same problems. It could lead up to major problems that are COSTLY to repair. EVERYTHING is costly to repair. You pretty much have to have all work done my the dealer, even common "do it yourself" repairs 'cause there are many "dealer only" tools tha can be used. I'd think twice unless you have a really great warrenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts