Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 560SL, 1989 Euro Mercedes 300SL, Volvo C70, 2004 Discovery, 1997 Mercedes SL500
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Although i'm mostly on the roadster forums, i've decided to take the leap and become a part of the 124 forum.

I've seen a E320 wagon that has really taken my eye. I'm going to finalise the deal on Monday but i just want some advice on this car :

Is it a 20v or 24v car?
Does it still have the ASR and therefore, will it therefore go into limp mode?
Anything else i should be looking for?

I really like this car - the suspension is perfect, the rims look sweet and it has service records. BTW, i am importing it from Japan.

Your views please :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,447 Posts
24v and ASR unless Japan have some funky model differences...

I love the look. Very sweet.

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 560SL, 1989 Euro Mercedes 300SL, Volvo C70, 2004 Discovery, 1997 Mercedes SL500
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys -

I'm used to the R107 and R129 so i know there is no comparision but whats the performance like?

Looking at the images - is it a sportline?

I know these wagons are almost bulletproof and i'm really looking forward to getting it :)

·
Registered
'97 E420, '86 Mustang GT, '88 GT, '89 LX
269 Posts
My '95 Wagon is 24V and has ASR, although I've disabled it. That is a sweet looking wagon, one of the only cars on earth I would take in silver!!!!

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Nice look! I love the black interior with brilliant silver. It is lower than stock but cannot tell if it is a Sportline from these photos.

Good luck w the paperwork and import!

BTW, mine was rear ended recently, just about all fixed now, with the lowers painted brilliant silver to eliminate the two tone look.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys for the input.

I agree nate, the silver paint makes the car look just pure class. I had another vehicle option with the deep front AMG spoiler and gunmetal paintwork but after lengthy comparison, the silver won hands down.

RHW - sorry to hear your car was rear ended :( I've seen your wagon here and you have a nice set of rims. Gorgeous car!

There's something about these 124 wagons that, in the right colour and condition, they are a great option to owing a modern sprotwagon. With respect, i would never have considered a 124 but the wagons are growing on me each day :)

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
wiring harness is an issue on this car. expensive to replace. it may have asr. if it does, its a complicating factor. head gasket can be a concern on the M104 but it's less likely than on the M103 as i understand it.

Performance is adequate. don't expect it to be a hot rod even though it looks like one. nice specimen. good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
wiring harness is an issue on this car. expensive to replace. it may have asr. if it does, its a complicating factor. head gasket can be a concern on the M104 but it's less likely than on the M103 as i understand it.

Performance is adequate. don't expect it to be a hot rod even though it looks like one. nice specimen. good luck.
hey it's not a slouch either, especially compared to the smaller M103. when the variable intake/valves kick in it comes on strong considering its age.

the m104 has a whopping 60HP over the 2.6 and 40+ over the 3.0.
the torque peak is > 1,000 RPM lower in the range compared to the m103, too.
it's a much more rewarding driving experience. hope it works out.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Coupe, Midnight/Rio Blue/Gray, 107K miles
183 Posts
A beauty!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow that is damn sexy.

Looks low. No SLS?
Hey Bob - thanks for the compliment :)

I have absolutely no idea what the spec on this car is.

All i know is that i saw it and had to have it :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Beautiful wagon.

It is definitely not a factory sportline - indications would be sportline badges rear of the front wheels on the lower cladding. Also it would have the sportline seats and steering wheel.

However, it definitely seems to have suspension modifications which would at least make it behave more like a sportline.

Rear SLS seems to have been removed.

I'd get it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts