Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99.5 golf TDI,03 C 240 Elegance,08 ML350
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at 08 ML350 with 26000 miles on it.What are your experiences with reliability,quality,maintenance.Can after market CD changer be installed instead MB one.Does anyone have a remote starter installed

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
I'm looking at 08 ML350 with 26000 miles on it.What are your experiences with reliability,quality,maintenance.Can after market CD changer be installed instead MB one.Does anyone have a remote starter installed

Thank you in advance
The 08' s should be good. The 06' and 07's had 2 major defects (balance shaft gear not hardened properly and a tranny valve problem). $$$$ to repair.

Have your vehicle inspected before you buy, look at the service record, and ask a lot of questions.

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
newer cars are still having the trans issues. same trans as the 06-07 ML, just the valve bodies have been more modified now. the ML's are good vehicles, i have an 09 ML and love it. have 16,000 miles now and no major issues.

·
Registered
2013 ML350
4 Posts
Like any vehicles, the ML you buy could be great or not so great. It all depends on how sensitive you are to issues whether you rate them as no big deal to ridiculous. In my case I bought a CPO 08 ML350 4matic Edition 10 with about 35K miles. I have only owned it for 5 months but will be getting rid of it in the spring.

I hate going back to dealers for anything other than oil changes and I have been back 3 times in 5 months for various noises, a vibration felt through the seat, and check engine lights. It has never stranded me so that is good but now I have some sort of oil leak and this will be trip #4 to the dealer in 5 months. After all this, the instrument panel squeaks all the time and I still have the vibration felt through the seat that the dealer attempted to resolve by balancing the tires which they charged me for but again, this did not solve the problem. To fix one of the dashboard squeaks they took the whole dash off and the noise is still there. I am not bothering to have them look at these problems again since I know it is gone after the winter.

Like I said, you may have a great experience or not (like any car) but this was a big disappointment for me and will cost me some money to get out of it. Am I saying the ML is something to avoid, no I am not. Just be smart and realize that every vehicle line can have some troubled vehicles and for me that is my case.

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,148 Posts
You mean it doesn't have a CD changer? Better check the glove box because that's where it will be. The 2008 should be more trouble free than it's predecessors.

·
Registered
99.5 golf TDI,03 C 240 Elegance,08 ML350
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got it.Not the best decision but no going back.Battery warning is on the panel all the time.Then passenger airbag warning and when I start it gauges go up and down few times.Also there is an oil leak on the front right part of the engine.Should have learned something from owning c240.

·
Registered
ML 350
165 Posts
I have an 08 that I bought in 09 as a left over. Got a great deal too. I drive alot! I now have almost 43000 miles on it. I have to say it's been great! One issue taken care of by the warrentee, new tires, still on the original brakes, it's had 4 oil changes, (That is amazing by itself! 40+ thousand miles on 4 oil changes....(Shaking head) so nice.) I have to say the ML is holding up well.

·
Registered
c 240 4matic
5 Posts
Just picked up an 08 lease return diesel. Took a 450 mile trip and loved it 26.7mpg at 73 mph. nice vehicle. make sure to get the warranty though. i worlked alot on my 04 c class and unless you are electronic savvy do not touch those parts. mechanical are pretty easy but as stated before get the warranty.
to note though, you can continue to extend the warranty as long as it does not run out. cost a few buck but this ain't no honda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts