Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a "GOOD" used radiator from Adsit Company. I paid a little more thinking it was worth getting a "better" used one....WRONG!!! When i got the radiator it was a diaster scene!!!! I found 4 holes in the radiator...WTF?! then i call the company up and they say i have to pay for return shipping! I pay for their mess up?! When i was disputing the shipping costs ($39) I was hung up on 7 times in 1-1/2 hrs, during the time I was asking them to pay shipping.. So to put it simply I would never buy from there ever again..only one word can describe this all UNPROFESSIONAL.. Any one else have similar problems

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Wow, that's pretty surprising. I used to live very near these guys when I was a kid and they had a sparkling reputation but this is certainly no way to treat a customer who has been inconvenienced by their mistake! Thanks for letting us know, I was actually considering them for a couple of parts but don't need this kind of headache.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,213 Posts
Funny part. I found they sell USED radiator for my model for $355.50
When I needed one month ago I called around and local warehouse did sell me over the counter NEW OEM radiator for $400.
10 minutes of driving away.
So much for savings on old stuff.

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Do some research before you buy from anyone, particularly Adsit. They have horrible customer service and what you experienced is not at all uncommon. Been hearing complaints about them like that for years.

Len

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
The old adage is you get what you pay for, but these guys apparently don't even give you that. What an expression of friendship from the heartland of America. Wow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts