Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching everywhere to find a loaded up ML350, and feel they are all asking to much money when I look at the wholesale pricing on them. On top of that, it is VERY hard to find one with Premium 2 package or other options on top of that.

I found a 2009 ML550 CPO from a dealer and the price is similar to a lot of ML350's I see after we negotiated a bit. Is there any reason NOT to buy a ML550 vs. a ML 350. The ML550 I am looking at has P2, Heating package (steering wheel + front and rear seats, AMG Package, Appearance Package etc..)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, you guys were too slow. Bought the car today! Very excited, we pick it up Monday! The look of the 550 really stands out over the 350 and love all the options in the premium 2 package.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Huge congrats! Our ml500 has plenty of power/torque, but the 550 is an animal. I wish we had that engine! Post up some pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it is actually my wife's car but I will drive it like 30% of the time. I was concerned because I had no intention of getting her such a powerful car, but after driving it, I realized it was no big deal. Power delivery was very smooth with a deep pedal like all Mercedes. So she will be able to drive normally. I didn't really get on it too much during test drive but could tell there was a lot of power there.

The car had something a bit screwed up with the power steering column creaking when adjusting, so they are fixing it for us and detailing the car. I think Monday after work we will pick it up. I will post pics next week. It is a black on cashmere 550 with p2 package, sport and appearance package. My wife's favorite feature is the heated steering wheel!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I owned ml 320 bluetec and now have ml550, and I can tell you that the 550 is tons better then 320, from the ride and performance to interior quality. The only downer is the consumption, but oh well lets face it we don't buy these cars to save on gas!

·
Registered
213 Posts
^^ Our steering column creaks every now and then as well. Mostly in cold temps. Never failed or given us any problems though.

Our ML is my wifes as well. I rarely drive it, but when I do I find it an enjoyable and entertaining drive...and that is with over 2 years of ownership and 30+K miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Our steering column creaks every now and then as well. Mostly in cold temps. Never failed or given us any problems though.

Our ML is my wifes as well. I rarely drive it, but when I do I find it an enjoyable and entertaining drive...and that is with over 2 years of ownership and 30+K miles.
Good to know about steering column. This one visibly had some plastic pieces where it met the dash that were not connected right. You could see a gap, so my guess is, needs some replacement parts. You are right about it being cold. The day I test drove was freezing and the car could have been sitting for a few weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay, but weather has been bad and I was out of town, here is the only decent picture i have which is from my iphone.

The new car is awesome. I find myself wanted to drive it much more than my 335i coupe. The power is unreal for such a big truck. The acceleration is so effortless.

My wife who just LOVED her old 2004 X3, is now telling me it is Junk compared to the new ML550.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but weather has been bad and I was out of town, here is the only decent picture i have which is from my iphone.

The new car is awesome. I find myself wanted to drive it much more than my 335i coupe. The power is unreal for such a big truck. The acceleration is so effortless.

My wife who just LOVED her old 2004 X3, is now telling me it is Junk compared to the new ML550.
Wow, that is damn good looking......enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts