Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m tackling removing the bushings from the LCAs on my 2001 E320 4matic wagon.
I read somewhere someone had used this general bearing/bushing set with success but I can’t figure out how to make a receiving cup match the collar (same diameter as the rubber) on the rear and I also understand one of the other bushings are pressed in as two pieces?

anyone with info on this job and perhaps any advice on how to use this tool set?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was lucky enough to take them to a shop to have them pressed out.
Without a press I would have cut the old bushing out and use a bench vice to push the new ones in.
Good luck not to bend LCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lucky enough to take them to a shop to have them pressed out.
Without a press I would have cut the old bushing out and use a bench vice to push the new ones in.
Good luck not to bend LCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey no worries, I got it figured out and I have a solution that I came up with that's gonna save everyone a ton of money and trouble. I did it on the driver side one and it literally popped the f out and I'm not kidding. The other two are simple, the fronts are chiseled punched out and the connection to the spring/wheel you can use the bushing/bearing set I bought.

I'm going to film the reasonably cheap tool I bought at Harbor Freight to pop that nasty rear (20 year old in my case) bushing out with ease on the passenger side and update the post here with a YouTube link.

(I'm not kidding, I was able to push that bushing out in two minutes like butter.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts