Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'01 ML320
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a '01 ML320 (actually my wife's). Somehow we didn't noticed while test driving the truck that the ride is terrible.

Every little bump or crack in the pavement causes tremendous noise and rattle.

I've considered taking the vehicle back and getting our first choice (a Grand Cherokee) but we like the truck and would like to make it work right.

Any ideas or common experiences? We have 50K on the truck, the ride is fine and corners well so I think the shocks are ok..but I can't believe that this ride is the "stock ride" for a Mercedes.

Also how do you "search" on these forums? I can't find a search option or field to enter keywords.

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Your M Class certainly does not sound well at all. [B)]

I will say that my Dad is on his 3rd M Class and has had minor rattles and squeaks in them all, but they have normally been dealt with, by the dealer taking the entire area to bits and then putting it back together!!!!!!! And when the squeaks do occur, it is normally at a certin speed or a particularly bad bump - not on every little bump!!! [:O]

My advice would be to get your MB dealer to have a look at it. [}:)]

As for searching the forums, along the very top of the website, in the middle - below the cars is some options:
Home | Forums | News | Model Guide | Publications | Galleries | Directory | Marketplace | Search

Selecting Search, will allow you to search the forums - just enter your keywords, and which forum you wish to search in!!! [8D]

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
If the shocks are ok, then tire pressure and tire design makes a lot of difference.

The recommended tire pressure is located on the little gas door. Use the recommended tire pressure shown in there. Good luck...

·
Registered
2001 ML320
1,126 Posts
pressure on gas door

and make sure you read it right. Pressures are listed for fully loaded (as in throw bricks into your cargo area until you hit the weight limit). Set it to this pressure with an empty cargo area and you'll be bouncing everywhere ;-)

·
Registered
536 Posts
It rides like a truck, because it is a truck, but you can make it ride better, and for saftey, I'd rather be in the ML than in any Cherokee. As far as the noise and rattles, you can make most of them go away.

It sounds like you might have too much air in the tires.

Hope this helps and Good Luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts