Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL Astral Silver/Silver blue leather,Michelins,SONY
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I went to FIVE local auto parts places and NO bulbs for my car. Then checked several on-line places in major cities. No bulbs listed. I need bulbs for the "puddle lights" in bottom of doors; bulb for trunk and under hood light and for the glove compartment.
Can someone provide the name/number of a place that actually HAS these bulbs. They are elongated bulbs. One is marked 37R E1 766-7F 12v C5W.
I was really surprised that the places I have used in the past for other items don't even show bulbs other than for headllights or taillilghts.
Thanks.:confused:

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Autozone and Carquest has them in the light bulb section.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Make sure they are the correct wattage. MB used a 10W version in some, and yet a 5W version in other applications. They look identical until you put them side by side.

IIRC the trunk lights are 10W, but the license plate lights are 5W, both similar looking, but one will melt the other lamp's plastic lenses.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh great!! Like I needed for confusion from this old beast. I will check out a coupl other local places for bulbs on Tuesday before I order them from AutoHaus.....which I THINK has them.
Have found that ALL the lights: under hood,, trunk,rear inside reading and dome, puddle lights are DOA. Oddly, the center dome light in front does what it should with the exception of the delay function.....it just delays and delays and delays....Ha Ha. until I switch it off.
This is a fine old car but this sorta crap makes me start thinking a nice big modern Caddy might be just the ticket.
If I find anything useful I will pass it along to the gang.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick follow up. Now I have been told by a helpful member that I should just switch to all LEDs in the interior, trunk, puddle and under hood lights. True? First time I have heard that. I HAVE heard of the headlight, tailleight and turn signal LEDs.
Why is it that none of this is simple?? LOL

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC 1994 E500 2014 E350 Cab
7,029 Posts
if you get led part numbers for all of the bulbs under the door, the plates, trunk cabin let me know and I will change all of mine. I had no problem getting lights at the Oreilly auto store. Anyone have parts on the LED for the 91 560 sec, post em up!

·
Registered
560SEC 1989 Smoked Silver ,Burgundy Interior
92 Posts
Sourdough these bulbs are so easy to find not complicated if you replace with all led's know they must have the correct output or you will send a wrong message to the computer or burn the plastic housing plus very bright interior does not work in these cars soft lighting make them classy super brights give them a wierd look

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, somehow I knew this was not gonna be that easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts