Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
S350 BlueTec 2010
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Whilst driving during the day yesterday, my bulb light on the dash board illuminated. I was not using any of my exterior lights at the time.
I’ve tried today and it still stays on when driving. All my exterior bulbs seem OK.

Is it an interior bulb failure, or something else?

Thanks

Amo
S280 1998 W140

· Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,570 Posts
Fog Lamp, Left Rear

You may have a faulty fog lamp bulb. This was a mystery for a month until I discoverd that this bulb is unique and can fail and send the "bulb out" message to the computer. I never thought to check it. It is not like any other bulb in your car. Turn on your fog lamps and then pull out the switch to activate your rear fog lamp. If your left rear lamp display lights up like you have and extra brake lamp then your fog lamp is okay. If no change, then inspect the left rear panel and replace it. It is an odd shape and easy to recognize.

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
Bulb indicator

I think I have replied to this before, but here goes.
The system looks at either the resistance or the current flow(electricity)to the bulbs. Check all the bulbs especially for corrosion, The 140 cars have two bulbs for turn signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.