Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Golf 1.9 TDI(110bhp)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to build an 190D engine into a
yacht. But because we only bought the engine we don't know where the rev counter takes the rpm-signal from. It does not seem to be the alternator. Does anybody know how and where we need to connect the rev counter to on the engine.

Thank you very much.

Cheerz,

Rene

· Registered
Golf 1.9 TDI(110bhp)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jb,

Thanks for your response, because it is my dad's boat I don't know what tach is ...

Hi jb,

Thanks for your response, because it is my dad's boat I don't know what tach is already in the boat. We bought the engine without a tach and without the gearbox. The important thing for us to know is where
the tach signal is generated so that we know where to
connect a new tach to.
Because we need to connect some more electrical wiring
I think it would be the best thing to have a proper wiring diagram (diesel). We already bought one
manual but that did not have a clear detailed wiring
diagram in it.
Do you maybe have a good advice where to get a wiring diagram for a 190D (601) from.

Regards,

Rene

· Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,253 Posts
We are planning to build an 190D engine into a
yacht. But because we only bought the engine we don't know where the rev counter takes the rpm-signal from. It does not seem to be the alternator. Does anybody know how and where we need to connect the rev counter to on the engine.

Thank you very much.

Cheerz,

Rene
I think on those engines the rev counter works on the
camshaft, but when the engine comes from a car that didnt have a rev counter, you'll have to replace the camshaft with one with a sprocket or cogwheel (just looked it up in a dictionary, am from belgium remember...).
well, I hope I said everything right, so I hope you find it
cya!

· Registered
Golf 1.9 TDI(110bhp)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matteus,

I don't know if you are Flammish so will continue
in English instead o...

Thanks Matteus,

in English instead of Dutch. Because I am asking this
rev counter question on behalf of somebody else I can not confirm if it is indeed connected to the camshaft.

Matteus do you maybe know a place where I can buy a
detailled wiring diagram for this type of engine.
The bit I am interested in particulary is the electronics concerning the glow plugs and how it is
all connected up.

Cheerz,

Rene

· Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,253 Posts
Re: Thanks Matteus,I don't know if you are Flammish so will continuein English instead o

Thanks Matteus,

in English instead of Dutch. Because I am asking this
rev counter question on behalf of somebody else I can not confirm if it is indeed connected to the camshaft.

Matteus do you maybe know a place where I can buy a
detailled wiring diagram for this type of engine.
The bit I am interested in particulary is the electronics concerning the glow plugs and how it is
all connected up.

Cheerz,

hehe,
I have absolutly no idea where you could buy that wiring diagram, but hey, I'm only 16 jears old then...
I'm just a kid who knows a lot (I hope[8D]) of mercedes benz because my father had a tuning garage for AMG and BRABUS until '94 so we are kind of car freaks.
I mostly wander the forumposts and if I think I can help someone, I take my best shot, sometimes I ask my father about something. We have a '89 124 300TD and once I asked how the rev counter works on these engines, he said it works on the camshaft, so I was thinking if it is connected to the camshaft on this engine, it must work the same way on the 2.0D, 2.5D engines because they're almost identical except for the number of cylinders.

well, I do hope you have found help by now

cya,
Matteus

----> once will be a proud owner of a W123... [:)]
Rene
[8D][8D][8D][8D][^][^][^][^][^][^][:)]

· Registered
Mercedes 190D 2.2
3 Posts
Re: 190 Rev counter

I just recently replaced the oil pan on my 190 and it seemed to my the rpm sensor was located near the torque converter on the tranny. I think my old 240D is like that too. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.