Registered
06 ML350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don’t get it...

2006 Accessories
-Tubular Steel Side Step Bar
-Chrome Tubular Steel Grille Guard
* Not available with the 322 Appearance Package.

I don’t see how those stand-alone accessories interfere with 322 package in any way. [?]

Also, I liked Chrome Door Handle Inserts $79.00 (those will especially look great on black) the problem is the installation (removing all door panels, seals and handles)..

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
What is MB thinking when they develop this next generation vehicle and don't let you opt for "keyless go" on the 350?????? Only available on the 500. Everyone that has this feature thinks it is really a nice addition.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Wierd selections

It seems you can't pick the AMG Sport package without the Premium Package that gives you full leather & burl walnut. I thought you could get it with the appearance package (I want Alcantara/aluminum). Also, you can pick 19" 6-spoke wheels even though the AMG package already has 19" wheels.

There are a number of other strange things--I would bet it's not full sorted out yet.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
RE: No keyless go on ML350

sheepdog - 3/21/2005 4:57 PM

What is MB thinking when they develop this next generation vehicle and don't let you opt for "keyless go" on the 350?????? Only available on the 500. Everyone that has this feature thinks it is really a nice addition.
Totally agree--why won't they take you $1,080?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the link. So the U.S. pricing isn't as bad as I feared.

What would be a "minimum package" for me:

- Metallic Paint
- Trim Package w/Leather Inserts, Maple Trim, etc.
- Comfort Package (auto-dimming mirrors, memory seats, etc.)
- Lighting Package including cornering xenons
- Entertainment Package with 6-disc changer
- Sunroof Package
- Heated Seats
- Rear Side Airbags (grumble)

configures as $49,245, just under $50k.

Adding navigation, 3-zone climate control, Parktronic, and the power liftgate bring it to $52,505. A bit high but not outrageous.

The key seems to be avoiding the full leather interior and the air suspenssion ($1,775). Add those and the pricing can easily exceed $55k.

Dunno what Neck-Pro and PRE-SAFE will do to this pricing equation, though.

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
416 Posts
For this price, a Cayanne looks attractive... and it is made in Germany.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
maneesh - 3/22/2005 1:03 PM

For this price, a Cayanne looks attractive... and it is made in Germany.
It depends on your needs. The Cayenne has far less cargo capacity, which swings it for me. Plus it is much heavier with less power in the 6, higher drag and one less gear in the tranny.

But, you're right that the price gets up there when optioned out.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Cranky - 3/21/2005 9:46 PM
Neck-Pro and PRE-SAFE will do to this pricing equation, though.
In Germany Neck-Pro is 150 and PRE-SAFE 335. But I don't think they are available here yet due to homologation or type approval issues.

·
Registered
2001 ML 55AMG
1,158 Posts
WOW!! What's the deal with ML's lease payments??

Cost Summary

Total Price: $52,451.00

Lease: $1,005.00

$1,005.00 a month for a $52,451.00 car is insane!
not to mention that is with a downpayment of 10% of the MSRP, and for 36 months!!!
I guess they are looking at horrible re-sale value in 3 years!

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
yeah ,,, or raping you on the interest rate! or both! yeah ,,, probably both! (remember: greenspan just upped the fed funds again today and that directly affects amongst other things - lease rates)

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
I wonder if that rear entertainment system will fit the w163. i have been looking

for a system like that and am really glad the ML has one. Looks cool. Problem is that the kid in the middle sit will undoubtedly kick the darn thing and break it just like they do the current W163 rear cup holders.

·
Registered
06 ML350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aleveran - 3/21/2005 5:42 PM
"Build Your Own" 2006 ML is now available (with options/prices) on mbusa.com
http://www.mbusa.com/microsite/m-class/index.jsp
"Build Your Own" tool needs a major enchantment…..

Adding packages/options/accessories will not update the picture. [:(]

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
MB upped one up yours!!

As much as I've begun to like the new ML, for $55K you can easily purchase a Hummer H2 (bigger, thirstier, and heavier).

What was MB thinking? With only cloth seats, there are no options available (guess we won't be seeing too many of these). With the $6K premium for full leather, only then do you get all the options which manage to drive the price up and through the roof. I understand why they did this, but I think it's a bitter taste in poor engineering and design.

I wonder how easy it will be to install air suspension from an aftermarket company? I'll gladly take a white ML350 with black MB-Tex seats if I can add air suspension and bigger tires. Oh yes, the design of the 19(?) inch wheels seem pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
416 Posts
After trying various configuration on their website (not many to begin with) - I've given up.

I'm considering either the LR3 or the GX470 as a replacement. Both of them offer more cargo room than the W164 (only the LR3 offers more cargo room than the W163), and give you tons of stuff as standard.

Merc needs to do something about this price.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
RE: MB upped one up yours!!

BrentG500 - 3/25/2005 5:10 PM

As much as I've begun to like the new ML, for $55K you can easily purchase a Hummer H2 (bigger, thirstier, and heavier).

What was MB thinking? With only cloth seats, there are no options available (guess we won't be seeing too many of these). With the $6K premium for full leather, only then do you get all the options which manage to drive the price up and through the roof. I understand why they did this, but I think it's a bitter taste in poor engineering and design.

I wonder how easy it will be to install air suspension from an aftermarket company? I'll gladly take a white ML350 with black MB-Tex seats if I can add air suspension and bigger tires.
Some of the otion/package restrictions seem really odd. You can get air suspension if you order the appearance package, though--the Alcantara inserts would be really nice.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
RE: MB upped one up yours!!

I guess I'll have to see what the inserts are like. And I prefer the lighter wood with black leather instead of the dark cherry wood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts