Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
W210
13,885 Posts
No street cams where you live? I hope they catch him and turn him over to you. Did the police take any finger prints? If not, MAKE THEM!!!!! If they catch him, sue him for $10K.

·
Registered
2001 E430 Sport, 2002 ML500, 2008 GL550
36 Posts
So sorry man. Crime is indeed on the rise, especially with the way the economy is. My car, along with 34 other cars was broken into at the MARC train station on thursday. The crazy thing is that they did not steal anything!! They opened all my compartments (except for my glove box, which had my $500.00 gps unit in it) but found nothing!

·
Registered
1998 E320 4-matic wagon
38 Posts
Terrible, just terrible.

As others have said: take some consolation that it was your car that got jacked and not you or your family that got hurt. Cars can be replaced.

Best,

·
Registered
15 ML 250 BlueTec; 02 Sequoia
164 Posts
I'll go along with the regrets. I remember when my old Mazda 323 was stolen from in front of my apartment--twice. There is a terrible sense of violation.

Without sounding cold, if you'd like to sell your cupholder from the front console, I'm in need of one, as mine is broken.

Take care,

Boris

·
Registered
91 560SEL(RIP),98 E320matic 230k baby!,98 C230,93 500Ehurt,Rover crawler,97 Vulcan,01 R1,02suzukiTLR
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll go along with the regrets. I remember when my old Mazda 323 was stolen from in front of my apartment--twice. There is a terrible sense of violation.

Without sounding cold, if you'd like to sell your cupholder from the front console, I'm in need of one, as mine is broken.

Take care,

Boris
Sorry I am giving that to another member. I have no issue with any local member coming by and getting any small item needed but I don't have the time to ship stuff. Additionally I need to give thanks for all the kind thoughts here on the forum. You know so many members have contacted me with stories and if only we could catch the people in the act of violating us lord help them. :mad:

·
Registered
116 Posts
So it has been some days and I am now able to view the pics and talk about my car. So I parked my car on the street and some mf decided that their welfare payment was insufficient to cover their drug habit. Look at the pics and feel my pain, even the shifter is broken and is only able to select PR. The engine cover and air intake was left under another parked car. Three LCDs gone, glass broken alarm destroyed, rear seat ripped, headliner destroyed, oil cap gone, wiper fluid reservoir destroyed, climate control destroyed, trunk lock damaged, and cut wires all over my baby. The hood is bent and fender hit, headlight wires cut, garbage and tools left inside my damm car, unbelievable destruction to get at my music. Now the junk yard wants me to pay $50 for them to come get her so she will be donated to a charity instead. I am going to miss this forum :surrender:
Being from Brooklyn as well, my reaction is a bit different then the reaction of others; find them and kill them. They will stop doing it to others right after you do that. I am so sorry.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
659 Posts
So sorry to see this senseless crime inflicted on you. Remember this happened to your car and fortunately not you or your family. Understandably you feel very angry and frustrated but I strongly believe you will come through this better than before. The challenge you face now is to either problem focus or solution focus. The former will only maintain the rage but that is all you will achieve, however to solution focus will help you take the necessary steps to overcome this setback. Speak to your insurance company, look at other W210s or other models (whatever you want), sell what you can, regroup, consolidate, look at the financial options and make informed decisions. Speak to your accountant, insurance broker and sniff around for a good deal on another vehicle to reignite the passion.

All the best mate :thumbsup:

Cheers

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I feel very sorry for you too. Similar events happened to my father and me as well. What to do? This is life. The bright side is you can get a new one and you will be very experienced in choosing and fine tuning and DIY servicing it. We await you to update your profile.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts