Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 560SEL(RIP),98 E320matic 230k baby!,98 C230,93 500Ehurt,Rover crawler,97 Vulcan,01 R1,02suzukiTLR
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been some days and I am now able to view the pics and talk about my car. So I parked my car on the street and some mf decided that their welfare payment was insufficient to cover their drug habit. Look at the pics and feel my pain, even the shifter is broken and is only able to select PR. The engine cover and air intake was left under another parked car. Three LCDs gone, glass broken alarm destroyed, rear seat ripped, headliner destroyed, oil cap gone, wiper fluid reservoir destroyed, climate control destroyed, trunk lock damaged, and cut wires all over my baby. The hood is bent and fender hit, headlight wires cut, garbage and tools left inside my damm car, unbelievable destruction to get at my music. Now the junk yard wants me to pay $50 for them to come get her so she will be donated to a charity instead. I am going to miss this forum :surrender:

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Wow.

Just wow, Danboy.

That's too sad even for proper words.

What does your insurance company say? Some policies are not just money, you can require them to find a suitable replacement, if you want to stay with a 210.

Either way, you can probably sell your steering wheel and maybe a few other things before you have it hauled off.

Man, I can't tell you how badly I feel for you right now.
Greg

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,324 Posts
Unfortunately crime in on huge raise in this country.
My friend had his catalytic converter stolen from 4-runner when he parked at BART (metro) station just because recycles pay like $20 for platinum.
Sorry man. Hope you will come back to MB ownership.

·
Registered
1998 E320 4matic wagon
185 Posts
ouch

here's hoping the insurance company pays you enough to get an Benz you are even happier with, newer or lower miles or something to make it all less painful. It is a great time to be a car shopper. anything to dull the pain some lowlife passed on to you

·
Registered
91 560SEL(RIP),98 E320matic 230k baby!,98 C230,93 500Ehurt,Rover crawler,97 Vulcan,01 R1,02suzukiTLR
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was not in front of my house and yep the alarm went off until the scum went nuts to find the alarm brain and wires. The seats mean the most to me as they are two tone white and grey with white pin stripe all around. Here is the kicker, the owner of the home that it was parked close to heard the alarm cycle maybe 4 times at around 0330 and looked out his window, saw someone trying to get into the trunk and went back to bed assuming that it was the owner of the car who probably locked his keys inside. Greg I made a binder with all the diy's from here many of which I did and some I was going to get at but they stole that also.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Your

insurance obviously declared it a total loss.How much did they give you?Ask to keep the car for salvage cost.Offer them $250 and part it out.The shift module to some coffee spilling misfortuned soul is worth that.Tires rims wood,wheel,engine. etc. or is that to much hassle in Brooklyn?You did have insurance did you not?
:bowdown:
We can find you another one:thumbsup:don't settle with the ins co. till you run it by us.

·
Registered
2002 E430 4-Matic
1,332 Posts
Wow.... I remember how violated I felt 30 years ago when I had the battery stolen from my 1972 Pinto... I can only imagine how you feel. I hope at least this works out for you financially. Remember, it's only a car and everything is replacable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So it has been some days and I am now able to view the pics and talk about my car. So I parked my car on the street and some mf decided that their welfare payment was insufficient to cover their drug habit. Look at the pics and feel my pain, even the shifter is broken and is only able to select PR. The engine cover and air intake was left under another parked car. Three LCDs gone, glass broken alarm destroyed, rear seat ripped, headliner destroyed, oil cap gone, wiper fluid reservoir destroyed, climate control destroyed, trunk lock damaged, and cut wires all over my baby. The hood is bent and fender hit, headlight wires cut, garbage and tools left inside my damm car, unbelievable destruction to get at my music. Now the junk yard wants me to pay $50 for them to come get her so she will be donated to a charity instead. I am going to miss this forum :surrender:

I had my C320 broken into, but at least they had the decency to heat the window till the tint melted to hold the window together (mostly) when they knocked it out. They only grabbed the blackberry and a few other things. I'm sorry to see what these awful **** did to your baby. :(

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
139 Posts
OMG OUCH sorry to see this; i too had this happen to me except they ripped apart my glove box and center console, couldnt do anything else im assuming because all they wanted was my deck of my kenwood flipscreen, but all i lost was an ipod & the flipscreen itself (other than damaging the units wiring harnesses) and luckily i found a working climate control for 80 bucks and a new in dash mounting bracket for 30 bucks and i was able to put the glove back together with some finesse; i feel your pain; i dont understand why they didnt integrate shock sensors into these cars because in my situation i would have been able to catch the culprit, but they just pryed my window open with something crawled in, then crawled out :( funny thing is insurance didnt give me squat for what happened to my car(with a $300 comprehensive deductable and well over that in damage); hope everything turns out better for you and you get yourself another glorious w210 :)

·
Registered
1997 E320 w210 1995 Cadilliac Eldorado w/Northstar 1991 Fleetwood Brougham
150 Posts
Sorry for your loss. That sucks!:mad:
From my experience, that looks personal not random. "Welfare Rrecipients" dont usually vandalize. Their energy is spend on taking things worth cash. Quick, in and out. Not standing around cutting wires and breaking glass for the hell of it. That requires too much work! That mess looks like you may have pissed someone off or you have "Haters" in your 'hood. Again sorry for the loss.:mad:

·
Registered
2007 E550, 2007 GL450
479 Posts
Man, that really sucks. Hopefully you will get a fair shake from insurance and use the opportunity to get an even nicer model, newer too.

Why is it we can never catch the bastards who do this in the act? Actually, probably better we don't.

I caught a thief trying to steal audio gear out of my Benz after my Dad's wedding. I was in a great mood after the wedding and I'm loading my car up. In between loads, I come out and see the rear light on, rear door open. Stereo on the ground. Hear someone running away. I chased after them, never caught them. Just once, I'd love to.

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
1996 E300D
133 Posts
Dude I am sorry. I agree with Greg, you keeping your composure is amazing. I'd probably be going in my closet and getting my Glock and going looking for the jerk.

I think OLord said it right, don't settle until you know all your options. Parting it out would make you a ton of cash if you had somewhere to store it and tear it down.

I know there is nothing any of us can say to make you feel better but just know "what goes around, comes around." Karma will catch up to this person.

·
Registered
2000 E430 4M (SOLD) 2002 Jetta TDI 5MT Stage 2 tuned
238 Posts
Feel for you man... I hope you have good comprehensive along with some pics of everything before the breakin, and preferably receipts... If they are totalling the car, you want compensated for the vehicle along with the stolen audio gear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
insurance obviously declared it a total loss.How much did they give you?Ask to keep the car for salvage cost.Offer them $250 and part it out.The shift module to some coffee spilling misfortuned soul is worth that.Tires rims wood,wheel,engine. etc. or is that to much hassle in Brooklyn?You did have insurance did you not?
:bowdown:
We can find you another one:thumbsup:don't settle with the ins co. till you run it by us.
On my last policy renewal in July I removed comp. from my 210, Disco and 2 bikes to help offset the premium increases from my wife's 2 total loss accidents in 2007 (she was at fault both times). I only have full on her car and 2 bikes which helped offset the increase so I am officially screwed. I don't want to be bothered with the parting out as I recently had my first child and she takes all my free time. I had a 500E that I was not going to fix and sold it to one of the members here instead of parting it out. Some members have pm me needing parts and I will accommodate them but I have no time to ship stuff. If any local member needs something small free let me know and come get it but no later than this weekend.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
On my last policy renewal in July I removed comp. from my 210, Disco and 2 bikes to help offset the premium increases from my wife's 2 total loss accidents in 2007 (she was at fault both times). I only have full on her car and 2 bikes which helped offset the increase so I am officially screwed. I don't want to be bothered with the parting out as I recently had my first child and she takes all my free time. I had a 500E that I was not going to fix and sold it to one of the members here instead of parting it out. Some members have pm me needing parts and I will accommodate them but I have no time to ship stuff. If any local member needs something small free let me know and come get it but no later than this weekend.
Totally sorry to see what happened to the car. I guess these guys know exactly what they wanted and how long it would take to get it. Just looking at the pix they went in pretty fast and got out pretty fast. Yeah they did you nasty but at least you still have your family and the love thereof to support you in such a difficult time. Wish you the best.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
657 Posts
So sorry about this mindless act Danboy. You will rise from this.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
911 Posts
OUCH!!

Man, I really eel sorry for you.. but as another member said, its just a car and it can be replaced... we can always get you a clean w210, no worries

1 - 20 of 31 Posts